House of Flying daggers (SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
man! dat looks like such a good movie! I wanna see it....everyone is saying its similar to Hero but less of a storyline and more flashy slowmo scenes.....anyone seen it yet? if so was it really good?

leathaface

Its good movie, but Hero is still better... House is just a melodrama love story with a bit of wushu (the performence martial arts you see in Kung Fu movies) stuffed into it... but the end fight is pretty brutal for a beautiful romance story

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
whats the name of that musical score in the trailer shown on tv, i want it, everytime i hear it it sends shivers up my spine ...

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i saw it in HK except we couldn't find the remote to change the language to cantonese so i didn't really get what was going on, i can't read chinese fast enough :p

i'll watch it at the cinemas again anyway, but

zhang ziyi gets it on with both takeshi and andy :p

... ok, so maybe not "gets it on", but she gets to have both of them all over her. oh, the jealousy :p

oh, and what's with zhang ziyi being in all of the artsy chinese films?

R

rhapsodic

HOFD was okay....Hero is better...
I wish it was in canto...some of the english subs were weird
Takeshi was very good looking as usual - the archery reminded me of legolas

zhang ziyi is overrated....

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
really i thought hero was crap. and house of flying daggers was awesome lolz!!

it was soo good.

have u guys seen zatouichi ?? if u like HOFD.. im hoping ud like this. :p a mad samurai movie. hehe

leathaface

Butterfly Kissz said:
really i thought hero was crap. and house of flying daggers was awesome lolz!!

it was soo good.

have u guys seen zatouichi ?? if u like HOFD.. im hoping ud like this. :p a mad samurai movie. hehe
Zatoitchi... now that's an awesome movie... the blood was quite awesome in that movie, they were CGI made and were animated to look like pedals or something like that... but you can't compare HOFD with Zatoitchi, different movies.

And as far as House Of Flying Daggers is concerned, I don't know of a cantonese version, its just mandarine in the VCD version... and they really fucked up Andy's voice at the end... they had him scream but Andy's lips were closed...

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
I totally agree. I wanna see this movie. Looks SOOO good!
Especially the part where Zhang Ziyi does that thing hitting those drum looking things with those ridiculously long sleaves.

spell check

HSC
nicko88 said:
I totally agree. I wanna see this movie. Looks SOOO good!
Especially the part where Zhang Ziyi does that thing hitting those drum looking things with those ridiculously long sleaves.
it's such wankery though

like people dancing on water

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
spell check said:
it's such wankery though

like people dancing on water
Ah well, that's your opinion.
Besides, how often do you see people dancing on water?
Quite original.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
bubz :D said:
oh, and what's with zhang ziyi being in all of the artsy chinese films?
Well, not being prejudice or anything.

She's the only decent looking and good looking Asian actresses out there. Plus, there ain't that many Asian actors out there which is a bit of a bummer.
Seems that most roles are given to the all-common white anglo actors.

uwsstudent

HSC
it's only a pass

i saw it about four times now, my uncle has the dvd, the colors of this movie goes around green, white, grey, it's about a love triangle story, the kufu isn't that great, u won't see jet li flying across the river in hero, they don't fly anymore, they fight for real, but andy lau can't fight, also the movie used alot of matrix technique, like how andy used a stone to shoot at the drum, also the japanese actor shoots arrow out, this film fouces on love, rather on kufu, u know everyone watched it in china, but what's funny is that everyone in china don't like it, yet this film still gets the best review in usa and europe, i like it, i just hope zhang can get the golden globe that he deserves, also he deserves the oscar too

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
uwsstudent said:
i saw it about four times now, my uncle has the dvd, the colors of this movie goes around green, white, grey, it's about a love triangle story, the kufu isn't that great, u won't see jet li flying across the river in hero, they don't fly anymore, they fight for real, but andy lau can't fight, also the movie used alot of matrix technique, like how andy used a stone to shoot at the drum, also the japanese actor shoots arrow out, this film fouces on love, rather on kufu, u know everyone watched it in china, but what's funny is that everyone in china don't like it, yet this film still gets the best review in usa and europe, i like it, i just hope zhang can get the golden globe that he deserves, also he deserves the oscar too
Uuh...if you're referring to Zhang Ziyi - that "he" in your last post should be a "she". Unless there's another actor in there that's called Zhang as well.

uwsstudent

HSC
zhang is the director

that he i meant zhang yimou, he is the director, zhang ziyi is famous all because of zhang yimou, everyone knows that he deserves the golden globe and oscar, he missed out fives times now, but for the female zhang ziyi, she has a long way to go even to get into nomination of golden globe and oscar award, the reason why this film can earn the money, all because it's zhang yimou film, though i am not sure whether in usa and europe fans know about it or not, that's why this film has mainland, hongkong and japan actors and actress joining, so that better promotion at anywhere in asia, good film to watch

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i borrowed it from TNN Canley Vale. I prefer Hero. It's very beautiful as with most recent Zhang Yimou films but I didn't really enjoy it as much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)