How are the 06's finding yr 12 so far?? (1 Viewer)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Just wanting to know how the new HSC students are coping so far??? Is it what you expected or not? I found the teachers to be the biggest problem during this time, closely followed by the parents!
What does everyone else think?

Last edited:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Im a year 12 student just starting the HSC course. It's good to have a brand new start to the year at the end of the year (??).
In maths, it feels much easier since you've gained a lot of the skills you need for year12, from year 11.
-English?? Pretty much similar to year 11 stuff on change.
The other subjects are ok. They seem more interesting than the prelim. course.

I'm still caught up in the study blues....

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
I found the teachers to be the biggest problem during this time, closely followed by the parents!
Please explain!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i find it quite ok at the moment, despite the fact that we got assignments that are worth as much as our trials (business in particular). And also lovin ext history, but its just realli early in the morning, buts that fine with me. hmm i dont find my teachers a big problem at all, in fact i appericate them a lot except my RE teacher who can go to hell. and im not being slack, i remember 1 and a half weeks prior to our prelim exams, we started a new topic which would be in the exam, but u kno what happened? she was away for that time period like omgwdf. what's wrost was that when we got our results back from the exams, she goes off at us because almost everyone failed and then she acted like she "helped us" so much with it, pssssst i couldn't stop laughin. And now since we started our hsc topic, shes been away for prob 3/4 of the time and she doesn't even say sorry or anything, instead she makes up some bs excuse like i was "very sick", which was the same excuse she used before our prelims.

but anyways, i feel a bit guilty tho, because ive been quite lazy recently >_< not having a lot of motivation, anyone feel the same?

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Good good, teachers are really good and helpful, parents are still normal. But getting heaps of homework and assessments :(

Riviet

HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
but anyways, i feel a bit guilty tho, because ive been quite lazy recently >_< not having a lot of motivation, anyone feel the same?
Yeah, i hate that feeling as you described it, the feeling that you know you can work more/harder but you just don't feel like it or that there's still time to go. I was feeling that last week, but now i'm back to work, catching up on a few of my subjects. :cool:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ack! just remembered i have a bio assessment that i really should be starting seeing as its due sooner than i thought...funny how a simple thing like the change in months can make you realise how little time you actually have. yesterday i was like, "it's october, we have ages" but now...*runs off to start it* lol.

other than that, yr 12 is going really well i think.

klaw

HSC
English: Module B - Speeches = Too much work. Therefore it sucks

Maths: Complex Numbers = Easy (easy complex numbers... oxymoron?)

SOR: Interest Studies Project = Quite interesting actually! Most interesting thing in religion so far, in fact, the ONLY interesting thing so far (including yr 7-11 religion)

Physics: Motors and Generators = wtf? Having trouble understanding it. It's like harder to understand than 4U maths. I'm also very far behind the class and it's only been 4 weeks!

Economics: Globalision = Easy to understand, went ahead and learnt the whole topic. It only takes 2 hrs of reading (Exactly the opposite to physics!)

Business: Management and change = Easy to understand, just need to memorise

Ext English: Dropping it soon = WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee

Overall: More motivated than yr 11, but still no where near good enough. I went to the library after school for the first two days of the term, and did my homework and learnt the first economics topic, but then after that I kinda couldn't be bothered :(. I'm only doing 50% of my hw now (still a huge improvement from yr 11) and no study.

Last edited:

xx__savannah

HSC
You learnt the first Eco topic? Shit. I haven't even got the textbook yet.

Teachers can either make or break Yr 12 -- I've got one Eng and RE teacher, but she's great, even though she's away HSC marking right now, she's given us her contact details in case we need help in either subjects, and has told us to pop by her house if we're stuck with schoolwork. My Chem teacher is great as well, we've had a fair few out of school tutorials to prepare us for the HSC tomorrow, I just I could show here why I'm in her class, lol.

I don't know whether it's because of one class of 06 doing the HSC tomorrow, but the assignments have been light on, but it sounds like we'll have a lot due at the same time later to make up for the lull.

klaw

HSC
xx__savannah said:
You learnt the first Eco topic? Shit. I haven't even got the textbook yet.

Teachers can either make or break Yr 12 -- I've got one Eng and RE teacher, but she's great, even though she's away HSC marking right now, she's given us her contact details in case we need help in either subjects, and has told us to pop by her house if we're stuck with schoolwork. My Chem teacher is great as well, we've had a fair few out of school tutorials to prepare us for the HSC tomorrow, I just I could show here why I'm in her class, lol.

I don't know whether it's because of one class of 06 doing the HSC tomorrow, but the assignments have been light on, but it sounds like we'll have a lot due at the same time later to make up for the lull.
yeah I've learnt the first eco topic, it's pretty straight forward. Learnt as in I understand all the concepts and stuff. I can't regurgitate it yet, especially the statistics. And in some ways I agree with the teachers thing. Teachers can make you hate or love a subject and they can also make it easier for you to learn something. But I believe that a good teacher isn't required to achieve good marks. Asking fellow students can be better than asking a teacher.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Overall I'm happy with Year 12 so far, except I don't like our assignments... They appear so much dodgier than in previous years. Aside from that, Year 12 is going okay. I'm gonna try motivate myself this year :)

Also, teachers are important, and my English teacher is excellent, she works so hard just to teach us, and I have her for both Advanced and Extension so it's top stuff for me :D

Also, English is gonna suck when I get King Lear :chainsaw: I hate Shakespeare. Nevertheless, Year 12's been okay so far.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
Yeah, i hate that feeling as you described it, the feeling that you know you can work more/harder but you just don't feel like it or that there's still time to go. I was feeling that last week, but now i'm back to work, catching up on a few of my subjects. :cool:

i have to keep it consistant bleh i get tired so easily these days which is my main problem >< " oh yeah how much hours of work do u ppl do a night at this point?

klaw you found global for economics easy? were doing that as our first topic in business and im strugglin so much with it !! arghhhh smart ppl these days lol ..

Boxxxhead said:
Also, teachers are important, and my English teacher is excellent, she works so hard just to teach us, and I have her for both Advanced and Extension so it's top stuff for me :D.
yeah my english teacher is great as well, shes helped me heaps with my studies and motivated me a lot esp this yr.

xx__savannah

HSC
No, I find that asking a teacher is the best way -- students don't know anywhere near as much as teachers -- I know I'd rather ask a senior HSC Eng marker than a fellow student.

klaw

HSC
Bookie said:
I'm cool man. It's cool. I'm relaxed.

klaw said:
went ahead and learnt the whole topic
klaw said:
and no study
Ahem....nerd.
klaw said:
I went to the library after school for the first two days of the term, and did my homework and learnt the first economics topic, but then after that I kinda couldn't be bothered :(
klaw said:
I'm only doing 50% of my hw now (still a huge improvement from yr 11) and no study.
Now means at the present moment. I thought that what I said (i.e. For the first 2 days I got motivated and went to the library afterschool, did all my hw and learnt the first eco topic, then after that I couldn't be bothered and did no study and 50% of my hw) was pretty straightforward and did not require a high level of mental capacity to understand but obviously I was wrong :( I'll try to simplify my english next time so that everyone can understand.

Last edited:

klaw

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
i have to keep it consistant bleh i get tired so easily these days which is my main problem >< " oh yeah how much hours of work do u ppl do a night at this point?

klaw you found global for economics easy? were doing that as our first topic in business and im strugglin so much with it !! arghhhh smart ppl these days lol ..

yeah my english teacher is great as well, shes helped me heaps with my studies and motivated me a lot esp this yr.
I haven't read the business global business topic yet but I would imagine that the globalisation topic in economics is different to it. Generally economics talks more about the economy as a whole whereas business studies talks more about the individual business (as suggested by their subject name :p).

Riviet

HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
Don't worry, i think it's just the daylight saving that's stuffed you up for the time being. You should be able to adapt to it within the next week or so. :)
I do about 3-4 hours of good solid study/hw each night, which is a decent amount in my opinion.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
klaw said:
I haven't read the business global business topic yet but I would imagine that the globalisation topic in economics is different to it. Generally economics talks more about the economy as a whole whereas business studies talks more about the individual business (as suggested by their subject name :p).

yah but most of the concepts in globalisation in economics is in global business as well, like a majorty of it because i was using my friends eco textbook to answer some of my questions. but yeah it does talk about the individual business as well.

Riviet said:
Don't worry, i think it's just the daylight saving that's stuffed you up for the time being. You should be able to adapt to it within the next week or so. :)
I do about 3-4 hours of good solid study/hw each night, which is a decent amount in my opinion.
aiyah ! 3-4 hours a night ? i only do 1-2 hours at this time bleh >< " i only feel motivated to do heaps of work when i know when theres an exam comin. like my prelims i use to study like from after school to like 1am most of the time, with regular breaks. haha coffee was my BESTTTTTT friend, bleh can't stand the taste now lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)