How are you finding chemistry? New preliminayr students. (1 Viewer)

ultimatecricker

HSC
I guess its kinda fun. but too repetitive - most of it is from yr9 and 10 stuff. Also the teacher doesnt teach us the new concepts properly. :(

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I guess its kinda fun. but too repetitive - most of it is from yr9 and 10 stuff. Also the teacher doesnt teach us the new concepts properly. :(
yeah, prelim is a bit like that but hang in there till HSC - then you get to learn some cool stuff :D

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
How important is prelim chem in the HSC.

Like do you need to know everything from prelim, or does it not matter too much.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
How important is prelim chem in the HSC.

Like do you need to know everything from prelim, or does it not matter too much.
Hmm. There are some things you will need for HSC but put it this way - you can still do well in HSC chem even if you fail prelim (if you put the effort in, of course)
Some stuff you should pay attention to is: intra/intermolecular bonding (hydrogen bonding, ionic/covalent bonding, dispersion forces, dipole-dipole, etc); MOLES and balancing equations (essential for chemistry!!!); heat of combustion; naming hydrocarbons and other compounds; equilibrium and solubility rules; common ions and their valencies (like ammonium, sulphate, nitrate, carbonate, etc); exo/endothermic; fossil fuels; catalysts.

ultimatecricker

HSC
I go to a tutor (PEAK) and we are learning modules months prior to when we learn them at school: It HELPS SO MUCH and I understand everything. Maybe some of you guys should try one if you don't have one yet.
Stop bragging that you know/understand everything. Concepts dont come autonomatically for everyone

Autonomatic

HSC
N/A
Stop bragging that you know/understand everything. Concepts dont come autonomatically for everyone
LOL Do you not know how long I wrote that ago? That was during CHEMICAL EARTH; METALS - probably the most comprehensible modules of Prelim. *WhatACricker
Now look what you're doing - you're making Planino cricker-like as well :chainsaw2:

planino

HSC
LOL Do you not know how long I wrote that ago? That was during CHEMICAL EARTH; METALS - probably the most comprehensible modules of Prelim. *WhatACricker
Now look what you're doing - you're making Planino cricker-like as well :chainsaw2:
Take ngote of this: I'm a lot of things but defs not a cricker,(shakes head) tch tch tch

ultimatecricker

HSC
So you're saying that you ngo everything bout chemical earth/metals as it "comprehensible." Besides metals isnt that easy, although its fun.

I suggest that you improve your approach to modules in order to secure a comfortable learning environment for the HSC. If not you will think that like chem earth/metals all chem modules are easy and will underestimate them. This could severely impact upon your studying methods for chem in the distant future (i.e next yr). I dont ngo when you'll realise that these things arent autonomatic - maybe todey or some other dey like planino. :) LOL

If you still dont get what im saying here, look at your other posts :p

planino

HSC
So you're saying that you ngo everything bout chemical earth/metals as it "comprehensible." Besides metals isnt that easy, although its fun.

I suggest that you improve your approach to modules in order to secure a comfortable learning environment for the HSC. If not you will think that like chem earth/metals all chem modules are easy and will underestimate them. This could severely impact upon your studying methods for chem in the distant future (i.e next yr). I dont ngo when you'll realise that these things arent autonomatic - maybe todey or some other dey like planino. :) LOL

If you still dont get what im saying here, look at your other posts :p
*autongomatic

Studies of Relgion
I like your spelling, very original

Well, todey you must come to terms with the truth
maybe todey or some other dey like planino.
ngo, just ngo
you 'guys' are insain

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)