• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How are you going to study for the trials this holidays? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Here's my ultimate timetable:

2pm (wake up) - Eat brekky and make notes

5-6pm - Study various subjects til 9pm

11-12am - Study one subject for 4 hrs. until 3-4am
at 2PM, put your alarm with 2PM - Hands up to wake you up :)

anyhow my study plan atm consists of 2 hours of piano a day, study of perms and combs + mechanics, writing notes for legal and trial papers for most subs...
also I need to write a belonging essay and a speeches essay

HSC
Starting at around 4am and finishing at about 1 pm.

Finished all notes for chem and bio today, will be revising them this week and past papers the following. Already doing 1 3U or 4U paper a day (usually the former).

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
at 2PM, put your alarm with 2PM - Hands up to wake you up :)

anyhow my study plan atm consists of 2 hours of piano a day, study of perms and combs + mechanics, writing notes for legal and trial papers for most subs...
also I need to write a belonging essay and a speeches essay
Wow u have time to play the piano :O

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Also i need to write a belonging essay and a speeches essay
FUCKING FORGOT ENGLISH!!!

Also, I'm fucked because I make study timetables and then when I get home from work I'm too fucked to do anything.
I think I'm going to buy an iPod touch so I can cheat easier in my trials. :L

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
Yeah I do have time to play piano, but even then I also procrastinate a lot, which is not a good sign =_=
Oh shit I just looked at ur subs, u do music :p my bad :D
Yeah dw you're not alone, we all procrastinate, but just hang in there 4 more months then kaboom 3-4 months holidays :D

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Also, I'm fucked because I make study timetables and then when I get home from work I'm too fucked to do anything.
If a study timetable doesn't work for you - perhaps do what I did (study timetables never worked for me either, because something would happen that would fuck up the entire timetable).

Write a list of the shit you need to do before...let's say, the weekend. So from today to Friday, you need to complete 4-5 things. Don't be so rigid as to fix everything to a particular time - but still give yourself a bit of organisation so you know what the fuck you have to complete within that certain timeframe.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
If a study timetable doesn't work for you - perhaps do what I did (study timetables never worked for me either, because something would happen that would fuck up the entire timetable).

Write a list of the shit you need to do before...let's say, the weekend. So from today to Friday, you need to complete 4-5 things. Don't be so rigid as to fix everything to a particular time - but still give yourself a bit of organisation so you know what the fuck you have to complete within that certain timeframe.
Yeah, I made a holidays to-do list and I've assigned myself to do half of it before the end of the week... I might get it done. :p

muzeikchun852

HSC
loads to do:-
english: touch up my AOS and module essay + practice.
maths: catch up hw + past paper
japanese: catch up hw + past paper
chemistry: finish note + past paper.

musing

HSC
I think I'm just going to stick with answering past HSC questions... making notes is too time-consuming.

K

khorne

FIrst legit non trolling contribution to this forum ever.

I am doing the following:
Week 1: Going over allll my english notes and adding some aspects to them, constructing 3 essay plans for each section (basically 3 essays to learn lol) and finalising related texts.
Week 2: Going over a bunch of 4U questions for every topic
School Week 1: Practice chem stuff I suppose, but probably bludged, do Umat prep
School week 2: do 4U past papers all week
School week 3: do chem/english past papers...

All in all total work load:
English: Finish all notes, construct essays (x3), finalise Related texts, 6 past papers
4U Maths: Do all Coro/cambridge Qs for all topics/10 past papers
Chem: about 7 past papers...can't really be bothered.

As for work, today I did about 4 hours, but i'll step it up to about 9 hours a day soon.

HSC
Uni Grad
m8, procrastination pays off now.

so do it forever

trollface.jpg
ehehehehe lets procrastinate together :)

hmm better not get caught cheating :p
I don't make study timetables, but instead I make a list of what I have to do for the holidays, and that's all for me :p

Oh shit I just looked at ur subs, u do music :p my bad :D
Yeah dw you're not alone, we all procrastinate, but just hang in there 4 more months then kaboom 3-4 months holidays :D
hmm yeah true, trials and then duh HSC, the biggest horror of them all.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Past papers, summarising, constructing detailed notes, more past papers, reading over notes, more past papers, exploding over past papers, reading over information, analysing sources / case studies, summarising first hand investigations....

Oh the joys of Trials....OH WAIT I've already done mine! So these holidays will be spent finishing off majors and relaxing! n_n
Good luck to everyone though, who have trials looming in over the next month or so. May the effort you make reap the rewards and benefits later! :)

HSC
N/A
My days are all in timetabled to the timetable I use at school.
Making notes, studying notes, memorizing notes.
Plus that:

Past papers, summarising, constructing detailed notes, more past papers, reading over notes, more past papers, exploding over past papers, reading over information, analysing sources / case studies, summarising first hand investigations....

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
HSC isn't as scary as it's made to be guys, seriously I know what you're going through, the stress levels and stuff, but just take it easy a little, dont stress hard out, it wont help you, study, and also take "some" time off, as in do stuff you like for a few hours a day, if that's sleeping then sleep extra, if studying is what you enjoy then find another something else, the next best thing.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
50 past papers for every subject

Curkz

HSC
Wow I don't feel awkward right now.. Our trials are like week 6 or 7 I think.. FML Trying to study in the holidays is interesting Left 4 dead 2 is just so tempting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)