how bad is industrial technology? (1 Viewer)

Ronaldinho10

HSC
I am currently doing the multimedia IT course and have found out that it scales terrible :/
We are able to drop courses in the next two weeks for year 12 and the major work also puts me off the subject!
Would it be smart to get rid of?

Duxify

HSC
Uni Grad
I am currently doing the multimedia IT course and have found out that it scales terrible :/
We are able to drop courses in the next two weeks for year 12 and the major work also puts me off the subject!
Would it be smart to get rid of?
What subjects are you thinking of dropping and I can tell you how they are scaled....

The thing about scaling is it impacts you much more if you perform poorly... So something might scale poorly, but if you are well at it, then it wont matter as much. However, if you do poorly it can really hurt you.

Its generally the low scaling subjects that you do poorly in that determine your ATAR... not the subjects you are good at.

Duxify

HSC
Uni Grad
Beating 88% of people in industrial technology is the same as beating 40% of people in English Adv.... So obviously for a low scaling subject, you have to beat more people to get the same contribution to your ATAR.

IT has similar scaling to english standard.

Ronaldinho10

HSC
Beating 88% of people in industrial technology is the same as beating 40% of people in English Adv.... So obviously for a low scaling subject, you have to beat more people to get the same contribution to your ATAR.

IT has similar scaling to english standard.
Oh wow that seems pretty drastic! Well i looking at dropping either IT multimedia and i&dt VET course. How do the two compare?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)