How can I get a good Atar with these subjects?? (1 Viewer)

reyesa01

HSC
I am currently in hsc year and I am doing: studies of religion 2, English standard, general mathematics, community and family studies, biology and senior science.
Is it possible for me to get 85-90+ ATAR??

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Yes it's possible, but you have to be on top of your subjects as they don't scale well.

If you study consistently throughout the year, you should be alright.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
It's certainly possible, but you need to maintain hard work and good rankings in your school to achieve that. Your subjects typically don't align well (guessing that's your concern) but any individual can do that well as long as you make sure you are near the top in all of your subjects.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
ANY SUBJECT COMBINATION = ANY ATAR

you study:
SOR II
ENG STD
GEN
CFM
BIO
SENIOR SCIENCE

and you aim to get 85-90. this can only be answered if you have your raw estimates and externals. But once again if you study and maintain over a set deadline mark, i.e. 90 for example per subject, i guarantee a 90+, maybe even a 95 :D

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
ANY SUBJECT COMBINATION = ANY ATAR

you study:
SOR II
ENG STD
GEN
CFM
BIO
SENIOR SCIENCE

and you aim to get 85-90. this can only be answered if you have your raw estimates and externals. But once again if you study and maintain over a set deadline mark, i.e. 90 for example per subject, i guarantee a 90+, maybe even a 95 :D
Like I said, OP needs to work harder in order to achieve the desired ATAR as her subjects don't align greatly.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

HSC
I am sure you will get there with only Hardwork, dedication, commitment and sacrifice. You have to sacrifice only abit of social life, inorder to reach your goal of 90+ Atar.

let me tell you how, When you go to sleep the night before, you need to visualise exactly how and what will you do if you were to take the exam on that time. This is a perfect technique that I used for all my exams and I got well above my expectation.

Do your absolute best in all assessments, plan your time, set deadlines for assignments, plan ahead for each exam and study well before the exams such as half yearly, Trials and final HSC and you will surely get your Atar goal.

Remember Trials + HSC EXAM = 75% of your overall Atar, So put your energy and effort more on these two Exams.
Other 25% of your Atar comes from your assessments you did in each subject.

Also, Have a break, after all our mind and body won't function properly if we were to just study.

Good luck and keep asking for help. :)

Cheers

Last edited:

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
It is possible to get a good ATAR with any combination of subjects. If you want to get 85-90+ ATAR with those particular subjects, I would suggest getting in top 5 percentile for each and you're definitely there! I would say come 1st or 2nd in each subject (depends on your school rank too) to guarantee 85+ ATAR.

Work consistently throughout the year, but also give yourself appropriate breaks. Best of luck!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Anything is possible as long as you set your mind to it and work towards your goal every single day, every single week, every single term with the same amount, if not increasing amount of effort and determination and perseverance-I wish you all the best for the last year of your high school life:)

koreafantasy

HSC
well depends... what is a 'good' atar in your standards. if you need 90+, just do well. Fuck scaling. if you wanna get 99+... well ggwp. State rank them all, or you won't get that goal with those subjects :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)