how crap is bladerunner :| (1 Viewer)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I wouldn't go as far as calling it 'crap', but Blade Runner is definitely overrated. By no means is it one of the best films ever [In my subjective opinion], as it is frequently described. What also made it worse was that due to constant breakdowns, delays and other such tomfoolery, it took about five periods (five hours) to get through it once.

Also interesting that the most famous dialogue from the film was improvised; I've seen things you people would never believe [...]Like tears in rain..

wildtiger

HSC
i liked it, i thought it was an interesting film... there was so much more put into it than first meets the eye so i guess you cant really appreciate it until you really analyze it and watch it more than once

santaslayer

HSC
I had to watch it three times to understand the full thing.....teacher said it was a masterpiece :p

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
bladerunner was quite an easy text...
it was the easiest text for me!

at least people this year doesn't have to struggle with John Donne!!!
at least i haven't seen anyone doing it yet

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
its a good movie~ i loved it and in my opinion is the easiest thing we've studied so far

santa - got spam?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
its a good movie~ i loved it and in my opinion is the easiest thing we've studied so far

santa - got spam?

haha, you must've gone better than I did then, I absolutely fucked the half yearlies. I think *liam* beat me.

edit: good movie though

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
i'd rather study bladerunner than clueless, which was the other choice i had for those of you who remember me once asking which one to choose. now that i've studied it, i think it's easier to write about than clueless because there are so many elements related to 'in the wild' with just every glance.
it's interesting gregor, that the line was improvised because our teacher made us watch that scene over and over, and even quoted that line, saying it serves to correlate and blur the distinction between the falling rain and batty's tears.

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
naah..
i reckon bladerunner is a gr8 movie.. it has heaps of meaning to it. its just amazing how many flaws and problems of our society it addresses to! it does require a lot of thoughts and wide reading which makes the entire text so easy and interesting!

calling it "crap" is just inappropriate!

Stargal

Yeh the film isn't all that great but this whole unit is sorta growing on me. I'm glad i'm not doing clueless though!

nicksta_40

HSC
Come on! 'Crap' ? u've gotta be kidding me! Its 100000000x better than BNW and King Lear, and other films ive studied in past years eg: Lord of the Flies (1930's version). I admit that certains aspects of it are crap eg: rape scene, but u cant go past the Zhora change room scene :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)