how did everyone go in their 1st or 2nd hsc economics assessments (1 Viewer)

HayleeKate

HSC
Airazer said:
first task i got 19/20 but due to scaling i'm getting 20 cos my school rox.
2nd task 18/20 but again scaling boosts it to 20.
scaling doesnt count for bragging rights to 100% thats not fair!!! You big cheater!
but, still congrats on the 19/20 mate

aimeelaba77

HSC
i got 19/20 in my first assessment, on the impacts of globalisation on an economy other than Australia - i chose Brazil - it was an inclass essay worth 15%

next assessment is my half yearly exam TOMMOROW - im officially sh*ting myself

aimeelaba77

HSC
HayleeKate said:
Agreed, leading edge textbooks are awesome, sadly just after I discovered them, my teacher bought a set for my whole class so no secret weapon for me.. but the rest of you... GO BUY THEM NOW!!!!
yeah the leading edge books are awesome - but between all the junk mail i get from them does anyone get the feeling that Tim Dixon & John O'Mahoney are rubbbing thier hands with glee at all the money they are racking in by exploiting us vulnerable HSC students

honestly they are so expensive it's beyond a joke, take for instance the $180 holiday courses which only go for 2 and a half hours over two days.........

HayleeKate

HSC
aimeelaba77 said:
yeah the leading edge books are awesome - but between all the junk mail i get from them does anyone get the feeling that Tim Dixon & John O'Mahoney are rubbbing thier hands with glee at all the money they are racking in by exploiting us vulnerable HSC students

honestly they are so expensive it's beyond a joke, take for instance the $180 holiday courses which only go for 2 and a half hours over two days.........
I've actually never been to one of these mentioned holiday courses, they sound a bit rich, I'll teach anyone about economics for $180 each for 2 1/2 hours,
Any takers? I need a new job.

Mandy101

HSC
I was ranked first in my grade for my half yearly which I'm so excited about. Got 19/20 for my China essay, and 36/40 for multiple choice/short answer section.

Will Hunting

HSC
Well done, Mandy, 'specially with the essay! I bet you were really relaxed during the exam, too! ;) I've had a couple of English exams and the essays always seem to flow smoothly when you're clear and calm.

smrtsam

HSC
Yeah~*I did Pretty good in mah first Assess....Got 19/20 (it was the Case Study on Hong KOng) and I have yet to do mah Second Assess...Wish me L:uck~*

roadcone

HSC
I did my second eco assessment yesterday. It was my half-yearly that went for 3 hours. It was such fun. I think I did alright, but not as well as I probably would have liked. But when I get my mark back after the holidays I will post it up

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Just got my second assessment task back and received full marks slotting me into number 1 position, very satisfying.

1st Assessment - In class 5 short response questions - 45/50 - 90%
2nd Assessment - Report + Presentation on Australia's Place in The Global Economt - 25/25 - 100%

topcat27

Toddles
HSC
I just got my half- yearly back today. Three hours, with m/c, short answer and two essays. Thought i went good at the time, and got 96/100, probably my best result in any subject.

snowblack

bleh
HSC
topcat27 said:
I just got my half- yearly back today. Three hours, with m/c, short answer and two essays. Thought i went good at the time, and got 96/100, probably my best result in any subject.
damn thats really good :)
i finally got my first assessment back 95% ...damn multiple choice !!oh wells, still came first :D

HayleeKate

HSC
I did my mid course today, 25 multi-choice, easy enough, 40 marks of short answer, relatively easy, didnt have any problems, and case-study essay, which i was stressing about because I know nothing about Japan, I went to my teacher for help yesterday, and she was really nice, gave me her home phone number to call her last night for extra help and stuff, she told me the question wouldn't be on government policies, but something else like standard of living, I get into the exam, essay question, "impact of globalisation on a country other than australia and the affect on government policies" half way through the exam, my teacher walks over, points to the question, "OOPS, My bad! I really didnt think that was the question I set!" giggle giggle. THANKS. Having said that, I wrote shitloads, took a full hour of solida writing and think I did ok anyway.

azza_3761

HSC
HayleeKate said:
I did my mid course today, 25 multi-choice, easy enough, 40 marks of short answer, relatively easy, didnt have any problems, and case-study essay, which i was stressing about because I know nothing about Japan, I went to my teacher for help yesterday, and she was really nice, gave me her home phone number to call her last night for extra help and stuff, she told me the question wouldn't be on government policies, but something else like standard of living, I get into the exam, essay question, "impact of globalisation on a country other than australia and the affect on government policies" half way through the exam, my teacher walks over, points to the question, "OOPS, My bad! I really didnt think that was the question I set!" giggle giggle. THANKS. Having said that, I wrote shitloads, took a full hour of solida writing and think I did ok anyway.
Spewwing on that case study question. Dont ya just hate it wen teachers do that lol

Pixydust*

umm i got 39/40 for my first assessment (20%) - total shock lol as i walked out going 'well that went well....NOT'. second one when i thought i did well i got 16/20 for an essay on Australia's trade policies- apparently i didn't show enough evidence of research. was a bit of a bummer but im still first in the grade :)

topcat27

Toddles
HSC
HayleeKate said:
That sucks, but at least you were able to get a heap down.

mattchan

HSC
Ummm.. 18/20 for my first asssesment task on China and just did half yearly.

Do any of you guys have a good essay on the impact of globalisation on Australia, thats not in the resource section already?

IcEy

HSC
Coming equal 2nd with 17/20 for globalisation essay on china...did a fat short answer paper on topic 2...gonna get the answers back in...:-( 2 days and counting...Oh god i'm scared!!! Whahaaa

Half yearly in 3 days

HSC
topcat27 said:
We got our's back on a few days ago, same structure and stuff. Cept i got no 96...but i got 91! My first economics exam over 90! Was pretty stoked. The highest was 92, so i came second.
Got 19/20 for first assessment worth 15% - research essay on WTO, IMF and World Bank which was first.
Another in-class topic test iworth 20% got 39.5/40 which was first too. My friend beat me last year (that darn 92-er) but i'm clawing back lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)