How do I get my friend to see that he is being played? (1 Viewer)

S M i L E

HSC
OK, my problem is that I have a friend who is foolishly involved in a internet/phone relationship. He has been seeing this girl for about 10 months, and he has never met her. Not only that, but she has been 'going to see him' for about 9 months. They have talked about marriage and children and all that stuff, but she never shows up. I tried telling him straight out, but he is so attached.

Please can I just get serious replys. I am really at a loss of what to do.

Thanks

BlackDragon

HSC
ummm. so she says she lives in the same city? your friend sounds pretty foolish (to put it nicely). well, just get him to sit down one day, and be really serious with him and point out logical side of it. i mean, he can't be that daft can he?
you've just got to be really serious with him, and show him the logical side and do it with a whole bunch of your friends there, so he can see that even all of his closest friends realise that something is wrong.
apart from that, its really up to him i spose. you can't stop him if he's really defiant..

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
hahaha. get him to take cyanide and do the gene pool a favour.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
S M i L E said:
OK, my problem is that I have a friend who is foolishly involved in a internet/phone relationship. He has been seeing this girl for about 10 months, and he has never met her. Not only that, but she has been 'going to see him' for about 9 months. They have talked about marriage and children and all that stuff, but she never shows up. I tried telling him straight out, but he is so attached.

Please can I just get serious replys. I am really at a loss of what to do.

Thanks
What do you mean 'going to see her' ?

PrettyVacant

HSC
Tell all your friends about it and eventually they can peer pressure him out of it.

Works every time. :)

S M i L E

HSC
Well i sat and talked to him for a few hours and layed all the proof out in front of him and I think I have made a break through. She didn't turn up again, so that helped. He has woken up. I just hope he sees that he has done the right thing and doesnt fall into her trap again.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
it's nice to hear your friend has broken from this evil holdddd. internet relationships are like WTF. they could be like. 60 year old GUYS if you've never met them. :p meanwhile.

PrettyVacant said:
Tell all your friends about it and eventually they can peer pressure him out of it.

Works every time. :)

peer pressure actually works all the time. (i dont know if it does on love and relationships) but yeah, we had a camp, and we weren't going to swim. but after a while everyone was swimming except me. and i had to go with the flow. EW @ salty water. :(.

OOOH i know. i have a friend. Let's call him "ian" . well we once accused him of liking a girl. He didn't at the time. But then after a while of accusing him, he reveals to us he has developed a liking to the girl.

so yeah. in conclusion, peer pressure actually does work very well. should try it next time. :)

T

Testpilot

I am the man to answer this question. My friend is 'dating' (for lack of a better word for the situation) a 16 year old girl in America (he's 18). They have been having this relationship for over a year. He has decided that he is going to go to America to see her (he leaves on the 9th, i think). He has refused to listen to his friends about why he shouldn't go. We argued he shouldn't go because:

-He's only ever seen 1 photo of her.
-Up until a few weeks ago he thought she lived in Colorado, now its North Carolina.
-
Nakashima said:
She could be an old man.
-
littlewing69 said:
She could be a fatty. o_O
-We found her msn space, it was started after they met, it only talks about him and how great he is. (if it is written by a real girl she has huge self esteem problems.
-They met on Neopets.
-Its the internet

Anyway he refused to listen to us. However there is its funny moments. They are e-married, as if you wouldn't cry with laughter at that. Probably why nobody was invited to the e-wedding. We always joke about whether there was an e-bucks night or an e-honeymoon.

To cut a long story short: He is going to America to meet his e-wife for christmas and one of three things will happen. I will be flown to America to indentify his body, the relationship will work or it will fail.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
she most definatly is lying about several key details she has given him be it
looks

sounds very spookerific to me

T

Testpilot

Exphate, you know who I'm talking about. He's like a smurf (weird and harmless), i wouldn't back him in a fight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)