How do imake my pip more interesting (1 Viewer)

Benny23118

I'm doing a pip on 'the pressures placed on teenagers to study and how this varies between cultures'.

However, I think it may be to overdone. Is it too basic? Does anyone know how i can narrow it or put an interesting spin on it?

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
lol i dont think that has been that overdone. everyone at our school always does girls and eating disorders i tell u that is overdone. hmmm im trying to think of ideas 4 ya. Yeah i think the comparison between cultures is a good angle to take. comparisons always go down quite well. yeah i cant really think of anything else straight off.

Jessisbored

HSC
I think thats an excellent idea...

i know heaps of people doing the eating disorders so thats bad coz the markers will ge bored...
but at least your topic will vary from others if they have done your topic because ull be getting info from different people...i.e. from your area or school

Febus

Honest question. (This is what my teacher always asks us)

So what?

We all know without even reading into the PIP that the pressures of study vary between cultures.

What you could look at with the PIP topic is put more of a spin into it. If the audience or reader already knows the answer to the question why bother read it.

Another question.

So what does this have to do with the development of society? How does this contribute to it?

Jessisbored

HSC
That is so true...(So what?)

My teacher also says to classmates..."Yeah and how does that relate to the syllabus? It doesn't, choose another topic"

I'm going to spend all of tomorrow thinking about what i can include in my PIP that the markers don't know about because that would definately make the marker want to turn the page.

very interesting...

lex123

HSC
if you wanted to narrow it down a bit u could do a survey to find out what are the more dominant cultures which exist within your school and then use these cultures as a focus...Once you pick your cultures you should really do a lot of secondary research also to find out the background of the culture so you can use this material to back up the info you find in your primary research.

This is one way however like the others said, it has been overdone. Doing a topic which is overdone isnt necessarily a problem, it just means you have more work to do in terms of making your work original. If you can somehow put a unique spin on the topic, even the way u set it out or the kinds of people you choose to find your information from, this could make a whole lot of difference.

Remember, a professional in the field will have a lot better information then some person down the road...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)