How do preferences work with UAC? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey, was just wondering how preferences worked with UAC.

From what I understand there are 3 main offer rounds and you can put down 9 preferences and you can only receive 1 offer per round.

1. Should I put my high ATAR or low ATAR preferences down first? From what I understand if you don't have a high enough ATAR it just goes down the list, is that how it works, until there is something you can qualify for?

2. How much does the priority of courses on the preferences first work? For example if you have a #1 preference how will that be prioritized over a #9 preference?

Thanks, sorry if this question was a bit confusing.

celadoncity

HSC
Hey, was just wondering how preferences worked with UAC.

From what I understand there are 3 main offer rounds and you can put down 9 preferences and you can only receive 1 offer per round.

1. Should I put my high ATAR or low ATAR preferences down first? From what I understand if you don't have a high enough ATAR it just goes down the list, is that how it works, until there is something you can qualify for?

2. How much does the priority of courses on the preferences first work? For example if you have a #1 preference how will that be prioritized over a #9 preference?

Thanks, sorry if this question was a bit confusing.
Yes, that's more or less how it works. And it's up to you what order. Keep in mind (to answer your next question), if you get into a higher preference, you won't get an offer for another (unless you re-arrange the preferences in subsequent offer rounds, which you can do). I mean, if the course with the highest ATAR requirement happens to also be the one you want to do the most, then definitely put it first. If not, think carefully about which one.
Remember that you can keep on re-arranging them until right up quite close to offers, so you can just put them in whatever order for now and then decide closer to the date.

That's my understanding from when I applied to UAC last year.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
There is no point putting a higher atar cut off below a lower as the preference will never get there.

HSC
Thanks, that's what I thought. I'll just put everything in descending order in terms of ATAR then.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
List the order in the amount that you want to do the course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)