how do u get SOFT hair? (1 Viewer)

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Use less chemical stuff on your hair. It'll make it softer, but not shinier.

=slade=

HSC
buy some deep treatment conditioner(or just do it with normal but good quality conditoner), leave it in for like 1/2 hour with glad wrap n warm towel on ur head. sounds weird,but does work!!! also brush ur hair lots before u go to bed seems to help too

asscookie

dork.
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
watcha mean by "chemical stuff"?
Most supermarket & salon brands of hair stuff. They're full of silicon, which makes your hair shiny but doesn't do much to help its condition. And sulfates, too. Sulfates are harsh on your hair, and they can irritate your scalp. I'd still rather use my chemical-filled stuff and have shiny hair, though.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
asscookie said:
Most supermarket & salon brands of hair stuff. They're full of silicon, which makes your hair shiny but doesn't do much to help its condition. And sulfates, too. Sulfates are harsh on your hair, and they can irritate your scalp. I'd still rather use my chemical-filled stuff and have shiny hair, though.
err...i dont think my hairs shiny either...maybe because ive stopped using conditioner...shampoo only...i think i'll start using that stuff again

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Use a moisturising treatment for your hair. Yuor hair will feel silky and smooth and most likely be a little bit shinier too :D

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
what =slade= said.
but as to what my friend (she's a hairdresser) said to me "when your hair is damaged will always going to be damaged, no matter how much shit u put on ur hair, it's just seem softer but would not get back to healthy"

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
!! CaR`JiE !! said:
what =slade= said.
but as to what my friend (she's a hairdresser) said to me "when your hair is damaged will always going to be damaged, no matter how much shit u put on ur hair, it's just seem softer but would not get back to healthy"
awww....nooooooooo! u serious?? :(
i want a hair transplant....

lol...no i dont i was just kiddin :p

^___^
HSC
my hair is soft, so its hard to gel it properly when its long cos it goes out off shape easily

its only good when u have soft + short hair

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
My hair is naturally soft, and I just shampoo/condition every night to maintain it.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
I use Fructis Sleek and Shine Serum! It works! So does their shampoo! :uhhuh: :)

HSC
If your hair is brittle because you dyed/permed/excessively straightened/chemically fucked it up, then any of the hot oil/wax treatments are really good for your hair.

I think some supermarkets sell VO5 Moisturising Hot Oil.

If you have lots of money, you could regularly go to salons to get treatments, but youre looking at around 2x $20 per week for a month or so...

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
1. Get all the dry bits hacked off every 4 weeks.

2. Do NOT use pantene.

3. Do not use any supermarket shampoo for that matter. Go to a healthfood shop or hairdresser.

4. Use products without silicones or sulphates in them.(Read the ingredients list on the back. Words with "cone" at the end like "dimenthicone" are silicones, so is "hydrolized wheat protein"- these lead to short term silkiness and long term damage)

5. Do not straighten or blowdry your hair unless absolutely necessary.

6 a). Do not brush your hair when it is wet. Towel dry it gently.

6 b). Bow down to me in worship and awe of my extensive/excessive research into this topic.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
miaomiao said:

2. Do NOT use pantene.

3. Do not use any supermarket shampoo for that matter. Go to a healthfood shop or hairdresser.

6 a). Do not brush your hair when it is wet. Towel dry it gently.

I've used pantene in the past and my hair is soft
I use supermarket shampoo and its always soft
I comb my hair when its wet always, first I put it up in a towel then i comb it out but its still really wet.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
^ Good for you. But not everyones in the same boat, also your practices may catch up with you eventually like they did with me...

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Hmm... I always use Pantene and it works a treat for me! :)

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
miaomiao said:

2. Do NOT use pantene.

3. Do not use any supermarket shampoo for that matter. Go to a hairdresser.

:uhhuh: Sooo true!

Also (maybe it is just with my hair) but I found Dove shampoo wrecked my hair.

Look after your hair and it will shine and be happy :D

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
each hair type is diff. My hair is pretty thin. i use this fruit essenses shampoo and condit and its pretty gd! Then every so often i use this body shop leave in conditioner and it makes it booootiful!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)