How Do U Study 4 Mocern History? (1 Viewer)

Versace...

HSC
Theres just two much content and i dont know how to break it down, considering the trials are only a few weeks away....any advce or tips to make things more simpler, easier to understnad and get the study done ASAP!!!!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Versace... said:
Theres just two much content and i dont know how to break it down, considering the trials are only a few weeks away....any advce or tips to make things more simpler, easier to understnad and get the study done ASAP!!!!
Wdf is "Mocern History"? =p

Modern is simple dear. If you are consistent with your work and reading then you won't have to do that much study, besides find historian quotes to back up your views on a particular debate/event/individual and just reading over your notes to make sure you know all important events/people and dates. What i suggest is that, you get a interesting book with lots of colours, pictures whatever about a particular topic and read it. No i'm not saying you have to read it from back to end, but just read the parts about events/people you may not have that much knowledge about. Then make a plan of how you will go about constructing your essay. A major flaw with most people, is that they just try to cram so much info down that they end up running out of time and consequently don't even get onto other sections of the exams(yes i am one of them :eek:). If you need help with answering source based questions, read this guide i created a while back - Guide To Modern History. which also has some info on the points you should consider when studying WW1l and a lot of helpful links. Also, i suggest that you study women, as there hasn't been a Q on it for a while. And oh yes, i'm pretty screwed for modern, haven't touched it yet :(. Good luck =]

Last edited:

Versace...

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Wdf is "Mocern History"?

Modern is simple dear. If you are consistent with your work and reading then you won't have to do that much study, besides find historian quotes to back up your views on a particular event and just reading over your notes to make sure you know all important events/people and dates. What i suggest is that, you get a interesting book with lots of colours, pictures whatever about a particular topic and read it. No i'm not saying you have to read it from back to end, but just read the parts about events/people you may not have that much knowledge about. Then make a plan of how you will go about constructing your essay. A major flaw with most people, is that they just try to cram so much info down that they end up running out of time and consequently don't even get onto other sections of the exams(yes i am one of them :eek:). If you need help with answering source based questions, read this guide i created a while back - Guide To Modern History. which also has some info on the points you should consider when studying WW1l and a lot of helpful links. Also, i suggest that you study women, as there hasn't been a Q on it for a while. And oh yes, i'm pretty screwed for modern, haven't touched it yet :(. Good luck =]
Thanks alot!!...yea i did mean modern!! i havent touched it yet either and i hardly get anything im just putting essays together for germany, ive got the personality section under contol i just have to learn it!! And for the ww1 part i stuffed!1
But thanks ill take ur advice on board!!...and ill have at look at that guide thingo1

nahian

HSC
Yeh theres heaps of strategies to make sure u dont have to remember EVERYTHING in modern, since theres just too much content
look at past hsc papers and trends
in national studies for eg germany
there is always a question b4 nazi germany and nazi germany
eg reasons for collapse of the weimar republic or how nazi germany has affected german soceity and culture
you need to really look at it in terms of breaking it down..and making notes for all in case theres a question that screws you over

for personality its simiiliar
theres ALWAYS a biography question
and and INVOLVEMENT question

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
but the international studies is like a real russian roulette

you don't ever know wtf you're gonna get and its worth the single most amount of marks for an 'essay' (30 marks)

HSC
Print of the syllabus and write notes under each dot point. If you do this, you know that no matter what questions come up in the trial/HSC, you'll have a reasonable understanding of what is required.

DirtyDancer

HSC
Yeah i tried that link too but it didnt work. Can you please repost it?

emmeline

HSC
studying for modern is really ahrd ive found because there is an insane amount of information that you have to condence, but what i found to be useful is that you ensure that you only study what you really do need, so on your modern history syllabus there are 2 forms of bullet points that tell you whats detailed in the course, one is the brief overview of 'key concepts' and the other is the more broken down version. id say that when making notes choose either the key concepts or the other version and put all your notes under that, then use the other one as a guideline to make sure that you could answer a question on that and make any additional notes under those headings. if you do all that u should have a pretty good understanding of everything, hope that helps. good luck with ure study!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)