How do uni timetables work? (1 Viewer)

mirinbrah1

HSC
Since you pick what time you allocate your units to does that mean you are in classes which barely run with a few students in them? Are students spread out all different times? Just wondering because all the popular times are full and am worried I will be stuck in a class with barely anyone in it.

R

RishadM

Don't worry, they obviously don't over offer classes because then they would be wasting teachers and resources on a very few amount of people.
All the classes do end up coming right next to full - and they will definitely have people in them. Students are spread through different times, but there are a LOT of students. And a LOT of them will have picked the same times as you did for your classes.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The most popular classes fill up, but there is a limit to how full they can be. So the rest have to pick other tutes. The work out how many students are enrolled and they only offer [Number of Students/Maximum Tute Capacity] tutorials. So no matter which you pick, it'll be close to (if not completely) full.

In order to get the best tutorials, you need to be fast to enroll. We're talking immediately here, you want to be refreshing the page the second the tutorials open.

HSC
im scared, i hope i get my good timetable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)