How do we have to submit Major Works? (1 Viewer)

daniel.graham

Artiste Extraordinaire
HSC
What formatting do we need to submit our MW and RS in? Font, size spacing, etc?

Also, how do we physically have to submit it. Like, I've heard things about the MW needing to be bound. What is deal, yes?

Scorch

HSC
Font size 12, double spaced. Dunno about the word count.

I don't know about you but I give it to my teacher and she bounds it and sends it.

Untit1ed

HSC
Moreover, do we need to include a title page and what do we need on that?

Headers, footers?

shimmy&shine

HSC
Well the presentation guidelines should be strictly be abided by and they can be found on the board of Studies site. Presentation all depends on what medium you produced your major work in, but I'm presuming you did a short story which means (and this is for most written material):

(and I quote)
*Typed onto A4 size paper and should use double spacing
*Font size should be size 12, Arial or Times New Roman
Each page should be numbered
A cover sheet should be included which states the centre number and candidate number and the title of the work(s)

I hope that helps. ASk you teacher if you have any concern, otherwise all should be fine! :)

YES it has to be bound. But the school usually does it, make sure your school does. Every school is different.

shimmy&shine

HSC
Wherever footnotes are needed included them. You don't need headers unless you personally need them. You don't need to have your student number on every page or anything.

With footers, because your page has to be numbered, you'll write the page numbers in the footers. I hope you get what I mean.

On my title page I have an image (as it contributes to my work, not for its artistic merit), I have my Major Work title, my student number, (centre number if you want, but this will be on a separate small slip so don't worry about that, I didn't include it), whjat medium my work is produced in, and lastly an epigraph that preambles, and really embodies my work.

HSC
N/A
Side note as to footnotes - using these extensively (or even at all) is more or less uni-level referencing and you aren't required to use them :)
(this excludes the use of page numbers, of course you should have those :p)

Other useful note: Don't put your name on your MW, Journal or RS. Use your centre number/Student ID number :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)