how do we save the world (1 Viewer)

what_is_a_nerd

HSC
I look at the world at the moment and am truly saddened by the breakdowns in communication that are occurrign at a truly relentless pace. Is there no way tos tem the tide of destruction and ensure we take peace with us into the future. though this sounds cliche i truly beleive that there has to be something we can do.

religion seems to be at the root of a number of the current issues such as the middle east and the attending problems. not being religious my self i cannot be counted on to give a true insight into the owrk of various doctrines but as someone interested in the spiritual ideals of cultures i can't help but look at all religions and say you share the same message, so why ebat each other up? peace, love, harmony, education, rights for people and giving to the community. this is shared through christianity, islam, buddhism, hinduism, judaism and anythinhg else that you would care to name.

i read a book saying that at a town in pakistan buddhism and islam met and immediately started to battle fr supremacy. i was stunned that two peace loving religions could undertakethis conflict and inflict it upon other human beings.so why do we struggle with these situations. why are human beings compelled to sell drugs that ruins the lives of people all around the world and lead future generations astray. why do people feeol compelled to go and blow other people up imply because they beleive in god but don't follow the rules and regulations decided on by man in the name of god.

why can international courts not prosecute leaders who are killing people and sentencing others away from their homes just because the country did not agree to a unified justice system across the globe.if anyone has any ideas relating to the above please write. it is only by truly communicating with each other that we can move forward in the world. can we do it. yes we can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
renewable energy, environmentally sustainable populations, watered-down personal expectations, conversion to Rome

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
We start by exterminating people who cannot use paragraphs like the OP.

One small step for man, one giant leap for grammar.
You mean that his style of paragraphing should be the ideal?

grammar is a beautiful mystery imo, like life

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's shit if not adhering to universal rules

Catholicism is such an order
The grammar of your LIVES, people

HSC
N/A
just by getting rid of Israel one whole chuck of the world will be fixed.

jules.09

HSC
I look at the world at the moment and am truly saddened by the breakdowns in communication that are occurrign at a truly relentless pace. Is there no way tos tem the tide of destruction and ensure we take peace with us into the future. though this sounds cliche i truly beleive that there has to be something we can do.religion seems to be at the root of a number of the current issues such as the middle east and the attending problems. not being religious my self i cannot be counted on to give a true insight into the owrk of various doctrines but as someone interested in the spiritual ideals of cultures i can't help but look at all religions and say you share the same message, so why ebat each other up? peace, love, harmony, education, rights for people and giving to the community. this is shared through christianity, islam, buddhism, hinduism, judaism and anythinhg else that you would care to name. i read a book saying that at a town in pakistan buddhism and islam met and immediately started to battle fr supremacy. i was stunned that two peace loving religions could undertakethis conflict and inflict it upon other human beings.so why do we struggle with these situations. why are human beings compelled to sell drugs that ruins the lives of people all around the world and lead future generations astray. why do people feeol compelled to go and blow other people up imply because they beleive in god but don't follow the rules and regulations decided on by man in the name of god. why can international courts not prosecute leaders who are killing people and sentencing others away from their homes just because the country did not agree to a unified justice system across the globe.if anyone has any ideas relating to the above please write. it is only by truly communicating with each other that we can move forward in the world. can we do it. yes we can.
Correction: Buddhism is not a religion.

Humans have a rich history of violence. You can't change other people, but what you can do is live in such a way that upholds universal morals and ethics. Doesn't matter what denomination you are or what culture you pertain to, harming others is wrong etc.

But my point really is, effect change at the personal level: be the change you want to see.

HSC
N/A
I don't get why people would say nuke the middle east back to the stone age.

It's already fucking there.
not really, most of the gulf states are bloody rich. however the countries surrounding Israel are shit holes.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dont think that we should noook them.

Giving Israel up would make things much easier...

Lukybear

HSC
I do^^.

Mass converstion to Christianity please. ONly the Lord can save your souls now.

zstar

HSC
N/A
We must put our trust in the Australian Labour party and Kevin Rudd.

With his policies he will save the world.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Correction: Buddhism is not a religion.
Don't be so close minded. It ticks the right kind of boxes - it has a moral system, a way of life, rituals, metaphysics of the human person and spirit, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)