How do you deal with complacent work colleagues? (1 Viewer)

synthesized

HSC
N/A
What do you do when the people who you are meant to be sharing the workload with are lazy and complacent?

Why is it that the most piss easy, simple job becomes a major hassle for some people?

And why do they give me shit about how I'm trying to be 'the boss' just because I actually try to put in effort and do something useful at work?

I'm really starting to have enough of my workplace because most of the people there have this attitude that they don't have to put in too much effort because someone else will always do what they were meant to do. And this person very often ends up being me! And to add insult to injury, if i try to get everything done that is expected from us (we work as an unsupervised team most of the time) when nobody else cares, I'm given shit because I try to be 'the captain'!

Anyone know where I'm coming from?

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
Talk to your manager? Would have thought that would be obvious. Take credit where its due and tell your boss you're the only one doing the work, etc.

michael1990

HSC
Just try and talk to your manager, and you may be able to become a supervisor as your already showing the qualities. Also tell him/her that this makes you feel that the job is all dependant on you. And you don't need to employee the other employees for as long as you do as i do most of their jobs anyway.

If not threaten to quit, if its an option.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
you don't want to be one dobbing everyone in, because if your boss finds out about it and only gives your colleagues a slap on the wrist, then those guys will hate you forever and will try and get you back. have you talked to them about their lack of effort? if they bludge and get away with it, why don't you do it as well? if you can beat them, then join them.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
wasted and complacent
and you about the same
but still i want to get it
on with you tonight
when i was a little boy
i laid down in the grass
i'm sure you'd feel the same
if i could fuck you here tonight

but i'm never as tired as when i'm waking up
i'm never as tired as when i'm waking up
but it feels like i'm in love again
oh it feels like i'm in love again
though it feels like i'm in love again
with what you do

if we made it happen
i'm sure what we would do
run outside and fuck someone
to show it didn't mean a thing
seems it could be simple
if i could just grow up
never gonna get it now
cause i'll never grow

but i'm never as tired as when i'm waking up
i'm never as tired as when i'm waking up
but it feels like i'm in love again
oh it feels like i'm in love again
though it feels like i'm in love again
with what you do

but not with you
(keep on telling myself it's true)
but not with you
but not with you
but not with you
but not with you
but not with you
(just keep on telling myself it's true)
but not with you
but not with you

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
if your boss is really not noticing get out of there, a good boss will notice such things and reward you accordingly. If this doesn't sound like your boss leave... now

Oh and if this is a job at woolies or equivalent or maccas or equivalent, please read last two words of previous paragraph if you are seriously upset about people not pulling their weight..

visit www.seek.com.au and dont apply for the job I have applied for

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
if you are unsure about confronting your boss about your lazy co-workers, then you can also spread a false romour to your lazy co-workers, that you heard the manager has been noticing and looking to down-size unproductive employees. Whisper this loudly to a few of your co-workers making sure a few others are eaves dropping. Make it sound convincing, like you heard it discussed between the Head Office and manager, and it people may be fired within 2 weeks. Also make sure you have an expression of panic on your face.

kloudsurfer

HSC
RabbitRabbit said:
if you are unsure about confronting your boss about your lazy co-workers, then you can also spread a false romour to your lazy co-workers, that you heard the manager has been noticing and looking to down-size unproductive employees. Whisper this loudly to a few of your co-workers making sure a few others are eaves dropping. Make it sound convincing, like you heard it discussed between the Head Office and manager, and it people may be fired within 2 weeks. Also make sure you have an expression of panic on your face.
Haha thats a good one! Never thought of that, but it would work brilliantly!

I was going to say have a quiet word with your manager, but your idea is better...

mattyg87

HSC
definately tell your manager, they'll do something about it for sure...

i'm lucky in a way because at my work I am responsible for evaluating other staff members and they all know I am therefore they decide to do work whenever i'm around...and if they don't there are numerous things I can mark them down for and the managers will look at the evaluation (and they do something about it) if I give them a low enough mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)