How do you file your notes? (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
yeah there's tons... there's like sub folders in sub folders!

e.g.
Chemistry
>Production of Materials
>>Polymers
>>>PVC

stuff like that

chris42

HSC
Yup.. What about organising files on the computer.. Do many of you have many study notes on the computer ?

chris42

HSC
Good choice, makes it alot easier.. Try organising 500 + files and you know what the people at BOS have to deal with... :-s

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
i have a folder for each subject. Then when it's time to study, each folder gets raped hard...and i mean hard.

chrome

HSC
Topics filed together with those big black clips :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i have one of those chunky a4 folders for school, then every couple of days i type my notes up for each subject and print them off on white paper. i have more of those chunky a4 folders, one for each subject, and i have dividers in between each section. after i have finished a topic, then i type up a summary on coloured paper (eg yellow) and put at the front of the topic, then i make an even smaller summary that is just the bare essential key words and print it off onto another coloured bit of paper (eg pink) and put it in front of the other summary. i also have those index cards that people use as summary cards, i use different colours for different subjects, i write summaries and questions onto them, punch a hole in the corner and put it in the corresponding folder and section on the ring binder thing.
oh, and i also keep a copy of all my notes on my computer, i have a folder called 'school stuff' and then within that folder i have another folder for each subject. that way, if im doing something on the computer and im looking for something that ive written, its right there, i dont have to drag my folders out

Last edited:

chris42

HSC
Nice to see someone doing something similar to me. I did a similar system of typing up notes when I got home, then I got lazy near the end, but I finished typing up them last break. Great thing about having notes on the computer and in a4 folders is if anything happens to either, you've got some notes to work off.

Dubya

failing physics
HSC
i organise my notes into several key catagories:
a) on my floor
b) under my bed
c) on my desk
d)bottom opf my skool bag
and finally e) missing in action

maybe i should try sumthin new this doesnt seem to be working. i seem to have lost my copy of julius caesar. which makes it kinda hard to source quotes. i do know that it is sumwhere in my room but even knowing that i stil may never find it.

Hahaha i'm so glad I forced myself to be organised this year... Although I usually suck at it.

I'm a visual person, so I assigned each subject a colour (2u Eng - Yellow, 3u eng - orange, 2u french - blue, 3u french - purple, ancient - red/pink, art - green) There was a theory why i gave each subject that colour, but don't ask :p

Each subject has 5 folders of that colour for it, and I used the corresponding highlighter for all my notes. It works, somehow.

Anyway, I had a binder for each subject for school (again, colour co-ordinated to the subject), and once a term/topic was completed I'd file it into the appropriate section of the folders for that subject.

Ancient and english I filed into modules/texts/topics.
Art and French basically went term by term, as it was hard to divide them up any further.

I think that makes sense?

Ok.. (It's not very interesting, a bit boring and a bit dull, I'd say :p)

Well my extension subjects needed similar colours for 2u and 3u courses, so I chose yellow + orange, and blue +purple. I like blue and purple better than yellow and orange, and because I like French more than English, French got the blue/purple.

The 2u colours were the primary colours (yellow, blue) because they were the more basic subjects. Then the 3u courses got the secondary colours (orange, purple) because they were more complex.
(you following?)

Then I had red and green left, so I figured lots of people died and lots of blood was shed in wars during ancient history (poor excuse, I know) so that was red.

And I decided that green should be for art not only by default, but because among other things, we are learning about contemporary art, which is fresh, and green!

Duh! It should have been obvious! Anyone would have done the same!

chris42

HSC
Yeah, colour coding is good, I've got green for pdhpe and purple for maths, blue for english and black for SDD.

Dubya

failing physics
HSC
well all i can say is that if i were that organised i'd be looking at a 100 uai. my main problem rite now is that i still cant find my copy of julius caesar!!

Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
isnt red a primary colour too?
Yes but I only have two extension subjects, so I just chose yellow (Cause it was closest to the orange, closer than the red I was looking at, at the time) and blue (close to the purple)

Geddit?
i do!

I wish I'd done that shole summary thing. Too late now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)