• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do you plan your school nights? (1 Viewer)

Iguana

HSC
Cause at the moment i have the capacity to sit down for 3 subjects
then my head goes out the window..
how do you manage your time after school?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I complete whatever work I have.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
baaaaaaaaaaasically, i get home. screw around on msn or myspace for a bit. get into doing homework, then making summaries of stuff. and also assignments if i have them.

if your having trouble go to a library so you don't get distracted by silly things like i do!

nah seirously if you go to libraries after school your sort of able to like just sit and work better. just cos its a library. thats what i find anyway

youngminii

Banned
HSC
gibbo153 said:
if your having trouble go to a library so you don't get distracted by silly things like i do!

nah seirously if you go to libraries after school your sort of able to like just sit and work better. just cos its a library. thats what i find anyway
This.

HSC
This is how I 'structured' (or attempted to structure) my school day:

Finish school - 3.00
Get Home - Approx 3.30-3.40
Eat, Get Changed - til 4.30
Immediate homework - 4.30 - 6.30
Dinner/TV - til 7.30
Study - 7.30-8.30

This is about the absolute max that I ever did on a regular day. If study was more important, then homework simply didnt get done. Of course, there were days when I didnt do all of this.

But going to the library is a fantastic idea! It works.

MyStyle

HSC
I tend to just weave homework and assignments etc through my evening. I get home, do one subjects homework.. go and do something else and then repeat the process for another subject. It's just what I have found works for me.

That and lists.

As soon as I get home I make a list of all the homework I have to do and as I progress I cross it off. Found it to be rather motivating ^-^ not all together sure why but it works for me ^-^

mikeal0102

HSC
I suggest so any homework you have first
Then Assignments/study prioritize if the exams are a) worth more than the exam or b) when the actual assessment task is due <--- try and do assessments as soon as you get them like seriously within at least the first week try and do most of the research needed if not all as no doubt you would have to do a lot of assessments simultaneously
Then.... if u picked any major works do them .... unfortunately u will find that if u do do all three of these things in one afternoon u will be up quite late so id advise you to pace yourself take good breaks and turn off msn or anything like that that has the potential to be a distraction. This method worked great for me and i had 3 written major works. Hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)