How do you prepare for an exam? (1 Viewer)

PodiatryA

HSC
How do you prepare for an exam? Do you continuously study throughout the whole term and crunch down 2 weeks before the exam? What techniques do you use? Post here, and help yourself and help others with their HSC :D

Give motivation if you see someone who needs it ;)

For me, i study by just writing out my notes, basically just memorising until i learn the concept, a couple of weeks before the exam :p

brendroid

HSC
I write out my notes, go really crazy the night before the exam (but continuing craziness from the past week or two) and hope I go well.

I'm kinda doing that now actually ^^; not well, it seems.

HSC
I write notes, read over them, pretend to teach stuff to the wall (hey it helps!), stick stuff on my mirror (occasionally) and do practice questions.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I write out my notes, go really crazy the night before the exam (but continuing craziness from the past week or two) and hope I go well.

I'm kinda doing that now actually ^^; not well, it seems.
lol that sounds like me :devil:

i find it helpful to vandalise the school's book with all sorts of notes... for eco i try to link a concept in one chapter with other chapter's adding on my accumulated knowledge.. whilst talking to myself through the processes, asking myself why? how? etc

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
Write out the stuff you don't know and then teach it to a family member :)

whoisthis

HSC
N/A
read through textbook, do past papers. writing notes was a waste of time for me.

NewiJapper

HSC
Past papers and questions is the way for me.
They're better for preparing for exams because they require you to recall and use your knowledge and memory when just revisions and writing out work is just repetitive and you won't retain as much either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)