How do you study for English and Chemistry? (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
How do you study for these two subjects?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Will past papers even work for English considering that there's a new Area of Study?
I guess so, even though belonging has been replaced with something else, the concepts and skills are still there

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Looking for advice on Chemistry.

iStudent

HSC
Looking for advice on Chemistry.
I'm sure you know this but...

Essentially a few steps that I'd say most people do:
1. Write comprehensive notes to syllabus dot points using multiple sources (understanding the content as you do) - should use at least 2 textbooks, class notes if you think your teacher is decent
2. Memorise notes back to front (if you can get to this point, you should be at least band 5...)
3. Do many many many past papers to perfect exam technique + marking yourself and noting down mistakes/areas where you lost marks (the more past papers you do, the higher you go)

useless stick

HSC
For chemistry all you have to do is follow the syllabus that can be found on the BOSTES website. What I would recommend is that you get a new book and write notes on every dot point, both left and right hand side, as well as properly filing your practicals with results. Once you have done the whole syllabus simply review your notes every few notes and do past papers.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
For chemistry all you have to do is follow the syllabus that can be found on the BOSTES website. What I would recommend is that you get a new book and write notes on every dot point, both left and right hand side, as well as properly filing your practicals with results. Once you have done the whole syllabus simply review your notes every few notes and do past papers.
This will take a while though if I start writing notes, I already have a good set of notes, do you think I should rote and test myself on practice questions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)