eat and tv
and then homework from 4.10 till like 5.30
then internet
and then dinner time at like 6.30
then tv till 9.30 really depends wats on though

and then go over notes till 10.30

and then

SLEEP!

and then wake at 7 the next day ( stupid bus)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
I really do go to bed at 7pm even on weekends. Even if I did not have anything to study, I would still wake up at 2-3am because I am a complete morning-person!

Studying while everyone is sleeping provides the best environment to study in and that's my study method and worked very well for me for several months.
Wow. Admiration for your studies and 'strive to be the best' as quoted on your name. Best sums it up.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Razizi said:
Wow. Admiration for your studies and 'strive to be the best' as quoted on your name. Best sums it up.
Thanks for that!

Howevever, even though I always wake up at 2-3 am, I do not have that great consistence. I sometimes get tired of studying and start reading books or go into website like I am doing now.

But on 7 out of 10 occasions I study around 3-4 hours in the morning since I need to get prepared from 6 am to get to school.

From now on, I will have to increase the that 7 out of 10 occasions to 8-9 out of 10 (hopefully).

dpospination

HSC
ZEROtheHERO said:
I have to work on this, but:

I get to school at 7:45, which lets me do school work for a good hour. I usually rely on this hour to do my homework, since i can't be bothered to do it at home.

I get home around 3:45, and i do whatever for 15 minutes. SOMETIMES, if your lucky i do homework and school related random stuff, doing it in priority with which one has a close due date.

I do this up to 6, when friends is on. After six, you've lost me. After 6:30 i bludge, go on the internet and BOS, ranting about my shiet day.

I watch tv and eat. And go to bed around 10:30 to 11.

WOO!
lol, go onto Bos,

F-O-B

HSC
lyounamu said:
I really do go to bed at 7pm even on weekends. Even if I did not have anything to study, I would still wake up at 2-3am because I am a complete morning-person!
That's inspirational...no doubt you're going to ace your HSC :)

man i come on this site read a few posts n BAM (lime and grime lol) i'm motivated to study.

@ Ajeet
on fridays i finish at about 10pm after debating
That's craaaazy! I suppose you get to sleep in on the weekend though..

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Thanks, F-O-B!

But you have to realise that consistence is the most important element and I do seem to run into problems with my own consistence. But I am trying.

Some people might have misunderstanding in regards to my study method aw well. Many people would think I study like 6 hours a day or more but I really don't. Most amount would probably near 5 hours (most of them in the morning) and average about 3-4 hours (during morning, again)

And I don't usually study in the afternoon since I just cannot due to my house environment (very very noisy).

So try to forge your own study method and environment that suits YOU! And try your best. Remember that consistence is the most important element.

HSC
Wow..
You guys are really well organised, i mean, I try to organise myself and study everyday, but, I always loose concentration and go of and do something else like playing guitar, or go have a snack.

Normally
I wake up 7:30-read book
8:00-8:30 -get ready and go to school
4pm- back home, chill
5pm- study
6:30-chill
7:30-try to study, but sometime go of and play guitar or watch tv and get stucked there.
9:30pm-read
10pm sleep

but I like reading novals, and I read it every morning and night.
But I just can't focus straight for an hour:mad: , or sometimes i get stuck on doing H/W or studying.:angry:

HSC
lyounamu said:
Some people might have misunderstanding in regards to my study method aw well. Many people would think I study like 6 hours a day or more but I really don't. Most amount would probably near 5 hours (most of them in the morning) and average about 3-4 hours (during morning, again)
That's still pretty crazy, I've never done that much real study in a single day (in all seriousness). But more power to you, if you can keep it up you're going to go awesome.

I've considered getting up earlier to try and study but haven't got around to it, I already wake at 6am because of travel purposes (1 hour+ travel, school starts 8am) and find it hard to go to sleep earlier than 10pm. However, I have an assessment block coming up later this term and will perhaps try it out then.

Edit: Also, for vocab I'm surprised that you'd find even 10 words you don't know in the Daily Telegraph, it's not very good. Try checking out some non-fiction in a topic you think sounds interesting but you don't know anything about (e.g. maybe politics, psychology etc). It gives you knowledge and is much more likely to have different words in it.

Mildly related: an interesting word exercise you might find effective. Make 3 lists of 5 words each: one list of random words you find interesting (ennui, disruption, hollow, raconteur, vicissitude), one list of ordinary nouns (tree, sky, vermillion, book, table) and one list of words to do with a profession (astronaut: space, rocket, helmet, planet, launch). Then make poetic sentences trying to use 1 word from each list. From my examples: Civil disruption is the vermillion helmet of revolution. This helps to spark creativity for stories/poems, improve understanding of words in context and is fun (for me at least) and doesn't take long.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
veloc1ty said:
Mildly related: an interesting word exercise you might find effective. Make 3 lists of 5 words each: one list of random words you find interesting (ennui, disruption, hollow, raconteur, vicissitude), one list of ordinary nouns (tree, sky, vermillion, book, table) and one list of words to do with a profession (astronaut: space, rocket, helmet, planet, launch). Then make poetic sentences trying to use 1 word from each list. From my examples: Civil disruption is the vermillion helmet of revolution. This helps to spark creativity for stories/poems, improve understanding of words in context and is fun (for me at least) and doesn't take long.
Highly appreciated! I will definitely put that concept into action, thanks.

Good luck in your HSC and try your best!

frostyy

HSC
bassistx said:
Spiral exercise books are basically exactly like your A4 exercise/note books, except there's a spiral on the side. You know, like the kind in school diaries? Visual Arts diaries and sketchpads have the same spiral - if that makes it any clearer.

You are so lucky to live so close. I have to take the bus. Blegh. And they run every half hour, so it takes me an hour to get home. Useless.
I have to catch a bus from school to the station bout 10 mins catch the train depending on how fast the bus went i might miss the first one and have to wait 20mins for the next.. after that its a 15min train ride.. the a 20min walk home all up bout a hour to get home.. sucks...

lemonlolly

HSC
My study lol?? its pretty much nonexistent
I procrastinate waay too much

anyway here is my day

6:00 alarm goes off first time
(press snooze button on alarm clock every 5 minutes)
7:00 wake up (lol), shower brekky etc
7:30/7:50 leave for school
4:00 arrive home, eat lunch (put it off till later), chill
5:00 listen to music, play guitar, compose, chill
7:00 computer
8:45 dinner- after that tv
10:30 go to bed
1:00 sleep (insomnia):angry:

uhhm I plan to swap chilling with studying soon, specially with extension maths n phys chem bio. Well thanks for your advice may borrow it eventually:lol:

Dimplez

HSC
hmmm....I think its time for me to start studying more...after reading this thread lol...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lemonlolly said:
10:30 go to bed
1:00 sleep (insomnia):angry:
Er...it takes you that long to fall asleep? :p

lemonlolly said:
uhhm I plan to swap chilling with studying soon, specially with extension maths n phys chem bio. Well thanks for your advice may borrow it eventually
That'd be a really good idea. :p

luckyimpact

HSC
WOW some of you guys do alot of extracurricular activities. Well heres my life:

8 am - wake up for school get ready do hair and yah..

3 15 pm - get home. relax.

4 pm - 8 pm - do homework, then i use my EXCEL PHYSICS or CHEMISTRY CONTEXT to revise what i did for those 2 subjects. Then i would goto my TEXTBOOK DOT POINTS which are questions on dot points and answer them and store the files(which is my summaries or study notes). For maths i dont study i go tutor and study the stuff i learn there i guess ==". English mehh god help me im useless...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Do they make dot point books for English? :p

zanaNANA

HSC
omg... im just spewing cuz you year eleveners are studying ALREADY!

im almost halfway through the HSC year and ive realised i need to get ontop of things and do all my notes

GAH!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I reckon doing a little bit of study would be an awesome thing to do - especially since you're halfway through your HSC year. ;)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hello Luckyimpact. I would like to ask you a question: "How are you gonna drop Economics?"

You only have 9 units, then! I thought it was impossible to ge UAI with 9 units. Or did I misread your signature. I was just curious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)