How does Insearch work!!! (1 Viewer)

ian.tran

HSC
hey guys can u please help me out on how insearch works...

HSC
INSEARCH is a pathway to a Bachelor degree at UTS. You complete a diploma at INSEARCH for a year and a bit, and once you've completed that you move into the second year of the appropriate Bachelor degree provided you meet the required marks.

From your past post you want to do B. Health Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine; so that means you will need to do a Diploma of Science and Engineering (Part One), to get into this you will need a UAI of 50 and after 8 months and a WAM (Weighted Average Mark) of 75 you will be eligible to apply for entry into the second year of your degree.

Downside of this is that it costs a shitload, something like $29,000 for the diploma but FEE-HELP is available and you're not guaranteed a place in your degree even if you get the required WAM. Last year nearly everyone who got the required WAM articulated into UTS, only one or two missed out, BUT half of those who got into UTS were offered places under DFEE which this year has been abolished, so your chance of getting into UTS may be affected.

INSEARCH

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
In my high school days I spoke to the careers adviser about this. He explained that it's virtually glorified TAFE. He said that if I had the money, by all means Insearch was a good idea, but that TAFE was almost as good.

It really comes to two points:
INSEARCH = Expensive, but reliable (moderately so). In Insearch, there exists a good chance that you should get into your course of choice if you did well in the diploma, and the fact that you're moving from UTS to UTS helps considerably.

TAFE = The opposite of the above two points.

Of course, this is second-hand knowledge, because I have not been to TAFE nor Insearch, but careers advisers are pretty knowledgeable on these things.

Wildberries

HSC
I got into UTS with a TAFE advanced diploma in business advertising, so yeah, TAFE cost me a little over $1,000 for the whole paper, $29,000 is just stupid to pay for. Get a credit average or more at TAFE and you will at least get into KG, STAT test helps too.... you could just go to TAFE and buy a nice car with the money if you have it :eek:

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
I have friends who went to tafe and transferred to the broadway campus at UTS, i'd rather take that path than spend a ridiculous amount of money on insearch but each to their own i guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)