How does the calculation of an ATAR exactly work? (1 Viewer)

Tiernan

HSC
N/A
I know there's internal assessments (school) and external (actual HSC) but how does it work
The rankings?

- Say for e.g. I'm 7th in Adv. English on 78 and the person in first place is on 95, we walk into the HSC and I come first for the HSC, will I get the highest mark or the 7th mark?
- Can I move up in my class? (e.g. from 7th on 78 to 1st on 94)
- What is a moderated assessment mark? is it a percentage or your final internal mark out of 100?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
q1. the 7th mark, but they will average out your internal and external marks. i.e. if in that exam you smashed it and got 98, but the mark for 7th was like 80, your average (i.e. final assessment mark) would be 86.
q2. You can only "move up" ranks during your school year, I don't think its possible during your actual HSC exams.
q3. Moderated assessment marks are the altered raw marks your school sends in (I believe. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
p.s. this isn't a calculation of your ATAR, this is just how they get your HSC marks calculated.

enoilgam

HSC
1) You keep your external mark and you will recieve a moderated internal mark.
2) You can move up in your class if you do better than those ranked ahead of you.
3) It's your final internal mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)