How does this set of subjects scale? (1 Viewer)

mleiu

HSC
Currently in year 10 -- choosing prelimilary courses for next year very soon and I know nothing of the whole scaling system besides the obvious/basic.

My plan is to choose about 14 - 15 units for year 11 then drop 2 for HSC. If nothing change (as in I discover I totally rock at something I've never known/I totally suck suck at something, or both) I'd be doing these subjects for HSC 2010.

Maths 3 Unit (including extension)
English Advanced
Business Studies
Economics
Legal Studies

That brings me to 11 units and I'd probably add something else or leave it as that. My question is, how does the mentioned ^ combination of subjects scale me so far?

Thank you

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
you dont want to do too many units you will be flooded with work do 12 or 13

runnable

HSC
You shouldn't purely select your subjects by their scaling but to answer your question. As a general idea, 1 for best scaled, 6 for worst scaled

1. EXT Maths
2. Economics
3. Maths 2U
4. English
5. Legal
6. Bus Studies

mleiu

HSC
Thank you ~ I'm not choosing my subjects based on scaling, but I do consider that when I choose. As in I won't choose Art because I have more trouble drawing a circle than solving puzzle, and the scaling sucks so basically = doom.

ptrgrgry

HSC
You shouldn't purely select your subjects by their scaling but to answer your question. As a general idea, 1 for best scaled, 6 for worst scaled

1. EXT Maths
2. Economics
3. Maths 2U
4. English
5. Legal
6. Bus Studies
No, you are wrong. It goes:

1. Ext Maths
2. English Advanced
3. Economics
4. Maths 2U
5. Legal
6. Bus Studies

youngminii

Banned
HSC
^ is right. Assuming you're going to do 4unit maths, you might want to try doing another high scaling 2 unit subject, say.. Physics/Chem? You never know, you might enjoy science :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)