How expensive is france/paris? (1 Viewer)

-Hey-

HSC
I'm intending to leave to Paris after i finish University (i havent finished school yet but its a long term plan), how expensive is a single bedroom apartment, and how practical is my idea? Personal experience would help :)

x

philphie

Banned
HSC
Paris is expensive. the most expensive arrondissement would be 16e so avoid that at all costs, i don't know much on cheaper parts, maybe 13e? but i only think that because that's Chinatown. also try the outer suburbs of Paris. if you want good value most places in southern france are very cheap, try Marseille, nice sea breeze.

-Hey-

HSC
I'm just keen to live anywhere in the place :) Thanks for the help :)

lifequest

HSC
Paris is horrible.
While it has very good tourist attractions, it has a VERY high crime rate, LOW income, DISGUSTINGLY dirty and smelling metro, bad food and expensive clothing.

I was there for Christmas week. I absolutely loved the 1 week stay, can't imagine living there though. Was also in Switzerland, now that's somewhere I want to live (too bad they're so strict!).

philphie

Banned
HSC
Paris is horrible.
While it has very good tourist attractions, it has a VERY high crime rate, LOW income, DISGUSTINGLY dirty and smelling metro, bad food and expensive clothing.

I was there for Christmas week. I absolutely loved the 1 week stay, can't imagine living there though. Was also in Switzerland, now that's somewhere I want to live (too bad they're so strict!).
lol where were you staying at in Paris?

khelzy09

HSC
N/A
I'm intending to leave to Paris after i finish University (i havent finished school yet but its a long term plan), how expensive is a single bedroom apartment, and how practical is my idea? Personal experience would help :)

x
are you going to rent? if so, i think the lowest renting price is 890 €/month in Montmartre for a single bedroom apartment.

Voldemort

HSC
I used to live in paris (admitedly with my parents so I didn't pay a thing) but it's not one of the most expensive cities in the world for nothing. Expect to pay at least 1000EUROS a week just for basic living expenses, food, rent, transport etc.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
m8 im pretty sure not everyone in paris is earning 100,000 euro a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)