How good to u have to be to pass law? (1 Viewer)

FinalFantasy

HSC
To get just a "Pass"... how good do ya need to be at english, or wateva skill required..??

X

xeuyrawp

FinalFantasy said:
how good do ya need to be at english, or wateva skill required..??
You just failed.

Seriously, though, I think you need an above average skill. I'd say in English Advanced- 80+ raw mark.

FinalFantasy

HSC
heh, i haven't failed yet.. im still doing HSC:p
my english isn't the best, i am doing english advanced, and the most i think i'll get for it is band 5, so just wondering how tough B Laws\B Com would be for me if i tried to do it lol

X

xeuyrawp

FinalFantasy said:
heh, i haven't failed yet.. im still doing HSC:p
my english isn't the best, i am doing english advanced, and the most i think i'll get for it is band 5, so just wondering how tough B Laws\B Com would be for me if i tried to do it lol
I take it you're Asian and English isn't the primary language?

Reading skills are central to law. If you can read analytically, reasonably quickly, and have a good semantical and vocab knowledge, you're fine.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Seriously, though, I think you need an above average skill. I'd say in English Advanced- 80+ raw mark.
80 raw i'm pretty sure gets scaled up to high 90s :rolleyes:

FinalFantasy

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I take it you're Asian and English isn't the primary language?

Reading skills are central to law. If you can read analytically, reasonably quickly, and have a good semantical and vocab knowledge, you're fine.
yes i am asian from Hong Kong lol, english is no where near my primary language;)
by "analytically" do u mean know how to relate different contents together through reading?
i don't read quickly lol:(, but am i able to work on it?
my vocab isn't the greatest either...
i was planning... if i really wana do dis course, den i'll have to work very hard on dis "english"(vocab\reading.. etc..)
hmm..

X

xeuyrawp

Frigid said:
80 raw i'm pretty sure gets scaled up to high 90s :rolleyes:
Is the thread "how good to I have to be to get into law"? No. It's about whether he can pass it. :rolleyes:

Any lower than 80, and you'd be hard passing it.

FF- I'm not sure about how you'd go in law. You'd have to really get some english practice.

X

xeuyrawp

FinalFantasy said:
lol there's no way i am gonna get a band 6 for english :mad:
Ignore him. He was trying to be clever by pointing out that if you got 80 for english, you wouldn't be able to get into law. He obviously didn't read the thread's title.

X

xeuyrawp

FinalFantasy said:
yea i know, that damn english!!
If you're keen on Commerce, why not do Com/Law and then drop out of you don't like the law component

FinalFantasy

HSC
hey.......
if i do B Com\B Laws, and i stuff up the B Laws, can i change back to just B Com or change to B Com\B Arts?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Any lower than 80, and you'd be hard passing it.
with all due respect, call me nitpicking, what i'm saying is an adv english raw mark 80 =/= HSC mark 80. a raw mark of 80 for adv. eng. is more like... mid 90s i would suspect.

and i dun think one needs a high band 6 to pass law...

the minimum, i would suspect, is an advanced HSC mark of mid-to-high band 5s and a UAI of 90.

FF: yes you can drop law after the first year (maybe even after first semester i think) if you don't like it.

X

xeuyrawp

Frigid said:
with all due respect, call me nitpicking, what i'm saying is an adv english raw mark 80 =/= HSC mark 80. a raw mark of 80 for adv. eng. is more like... mid 90s i would suspect.

the minimum, i would suspect, is an advanced HSC mark of mid-to-high band 5s and a UAI of 90.

FF: yes you can drop law after the first year (maybe even after first semester i think) if you don't like it.
Remember that Advanced English does not = english. I got a terrible mark in 2u, it's some kind of psychopathic other.

FinalFantasy

HSC
Frigid said:

hey mid band 5's, i mite have a chance!
coz i am currently getting raw 79.33333333 % in english advanced, but it will just keep going lower, cuz there's 2 more assessments to go :(

X

xeuyrawp

FinalFantasy said:
hey.......
if i do B Com\B Laws, and i stuff up the B Laws, can i change back to just B Com or change to B Com\B Arts?
You could change to BCom easily, by dropping a subject immediately. To BA, you'd need to wait till next semester, although it depends how early you hate Law, some unis let you change subjects in the first week of semester, although you can drop them till like March, i think.

FinalFantasy

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Remember that Advanced English does not = english. I got a terrible mark in 2u, it's some kind of psychopathic other.
then english=?

FinalFantasy

HSC
PwarYuex said:
You could change to BCom easily, by dropping a subject immediately. To BA, you'd need to wait till next semester, although it depends how early you hate Law, some unis let you change subjects in the first week of semester, although you can drop them till like March, i think.
hahaha, i'll probably end up hating it really early, but i'll try my best not to..

is a roflcopter
HSC
dont worry finalfantasy,
just try your best in the hsc
passing law isnt hard at all

as long as you dont stop studying after advent children comes out in september hehe :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)