How hard is getting 99.95? Would i have a chance? PLEASE HELP! (2 Viewers)

iStudent

HSC
Because i really want to do medicine
You don't need 99.95 to do UNSW med. If I were you and I really wanted UNSW med I'd work on my UMAT and interviews :/

Yeah you'll have to work very hard. I mean, UMAT is easy, it's all about the ATAR, if you can get 99.95 you won't even need to do UMAT to get into USYD Med which is actually a better med school than UNSW, just saying.
UMAT isn't easy... less preparation but defs not easy, lol. ATAR mostly about hardwork... and you don't really need to have that much natural aptitude to do decently in it. (imo).
Also, 99.95 is a lot harder than getting a high umat. It requires natural aptitude, a lot of effort and persistence, as well as luck!

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
You don't need 99.95 to do UNSW med. If I were you and I really wanted UNSW med I'd work on my UMAT and interviews :/

UMAT isn't easy... less preparation but defs not easy, lol. ATAR mostly about hardwork... and you don't really need to have that much natural aptitude to do decently in it. (imo).
Also, 99.95 is a lot harder than getting a high umat. It requires natural aptitude, a lot of effort and persistence, as well as luck!
smh this guy
square :( he ruined it

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol, i remember how I was in Year 9.

My aim used to be that I would enter USYD and do the Mechanical Space Program there and join the ISS. So that would mean I would have to get dat 98 ATAR.

Now, I am just praying from a offer from any University any degree and expecting an 69-75 ATAR.

Moral of the story is that there is no point of thinking about the future now, just deal with the shit infront of you then worry when the times comes.

YOU LITERALLY HAVE 3 years left until you reach year 12 and you are getting worried about what your ATAR gonna be ? who know maybe you will die next week or the goverment will have a war with a country which would result to us living in bunkers. Who knows ?

Enjoy your time in Year9,10 you wont get it another chance.

futureuwsmedstudent

HSC
Should I get 99.95? Is it easy?

Hi guys
I know many threads been made about this but I need advice. I also want to get into med but I don't think I good enough to get into usyd. I do 5 hours homework a night. If I study even more do you think I could get 99.95? I really want to do med cas I really like greys anatomy and my parents want me to become a doctor. How many people are 99.95 each year? I got into a selective school so does that mean I have a better chance?

Plz reply need urgent help (p.s. what is rep?)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Lol, i remember how I was in Year 9.

My aim used to be that I would enter USYD and do the Mechanical Space Program there and join the ISS. So that would mean I would have to get dat 98 ATAR.

Now, I am just praying from a offer from any University any degree and expecting an 69-75 ATAR.

Moral of the story is that there is no point of thinking about the future now, just deal with the shit infront of you then worry when the times comes.

YOU LITERALLY HAVE 3 years left until you reach year 12 and you are getting worried about what your ATAR gonna be ? who know maybe you will die next week or the goverment will have a war with a country which would result to us living in bunkers. Who knows ?

Enjoy your time in Year9,10 you wont get it another chance.
You wanted to get 98 atar but then according to your moral you didn't think of your future and now you're praying to get 69-75 atar. I think that's a damn bad moral

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
You wanted to get 98 atar but then according to your moral you didn't think of your future and now you're praying to get 69-75 atar. I think that's a damn bad moral
I didnt mean it like that..

I was trying to say that I had a goal infront of me but then when the time came there certain circumstances which had arises that restricted me to reach me goal. Now I feel abit sad that I couldnt reach it.

There is no point to created a scenario/situation which is due in the future. Just decide things when the time comes.

futureuwsmedstudent

HSC
Yes it is bad moral. If you don't aim for 99.95 then why dont u do a trade?

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
If it's any consolation, you can get a 99.95 ATAR and get into Mech Space program and chances are you still probably won't get into the space industry :p It's pretty damn hard over here. But yeah, only start worrying about your ATAR when you need to choose subjects for year 11, just enjoy school life for now.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Why ?

There is no point for going for something if there is a chance of not happening
Why are you even studying? Clearly you're planning for the future aren't you

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Why are you even studying? Clearly you're planning for the future aren't you
I do have a plan but it's not specific

I am going to to Uni, if I get it if not I would need to decide for something else.I don't even know if I am able to cope with Uni. I don't even know what major I wanna do.

All this would be decided on the last minute

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Why is that
Because nothing in life is set in stone, and there is risk in anything. That doesn't mean you don't go for something because there's a chance that it won't happen, because that way you wouldn't end up anywhere in life. Why do HSC if there's a chance of failing? Why ask that person out if there's a chance they'll say no? Why eat that three day old taco if there's a chance of food poisoning ?
Life is not about what ifs, it's about seizing all opportunities you can and making the most of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Because nothing in life is set in stone, and there is risk in anything. That doesn't mean you don't go for something because there's a chance that it won't happen, because that way you wouldn't end up anywhere in life. Why do HSC if there's a chance of failing? Why ask that person out if there's a chance they'll say no? Why eat that three day old taco if there's a chance of food poisoning ?
Life is not about what ifs, it's about seizing all opportunities you can and making the most of them.

But if u know that there is a chance of failing why even do it ???

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I do have a plan but it's not specific

I am going to to Uni, if I get it if not I would need to decide for something else.I don't even know if I am able to cope with Uni. I don't even know what major I wanna do.

All this would be decided on the last minute

I'm going to plan for the future and go study for my exam on Tuesday haha, I'll let the alpha female take it from here.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Good luck on your exam meno!

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Because there's a chance of not failing ????

But how do u know that u are gonna succeed ? There is a 50/50 chance

Like u are able to lift a 6kg object

Then u get the mentality that u can lift 20kg object . now u have the chance of succeeding or failing.

U lift the 20 kg , u failed now you tore your muscle, what good has resulted ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)