How hard is it to get 90+ ATAR? (1 Viewer)

Brotein

HSC
I'm an average student at a rank 50-100 school, ranking fluctuates each year as there are always those people who drag you down. But assuming I do a bit above average as I'm studying pretty intensely this year, would it be hard to achieve a 90+ ATAR?

Brotein

HSC
Above average in year, so say if I get top 25% ranking for all subjects.

Capt Rifle

HSC
Regularly update notes, create goals, timetables, plans. Be ambitious. Do lots of past papers...

SunnyScience

HSC
If you give it your all, you will get 90+. It's not THAT hard to get 90+ if you are in the top-league of your school and put in the hours and devote yourself.

Brotein

HSC
Yeah, I'm just wondering approximately what rank in my year I should be to achieve the ATAR of 90+.

edit: Also, would it be possible to comeback for english in term 2 and trials if i ended up in like the bottom quarter of the year for the first two terms?

Last edited:

SunnyScience

HSC
Yeah, I'm just wondering approximately what rank in my year I should be to achieve the ATAR of 90+.
Since you said your school ranking fluctuates so much each year, it may be difficult to tell.
What are your subjects and rankings in each?

Brotein

HSC
Haven't really received rankings for subjects, teachers always put it off. But I'm aiming for the top 20-30% percentile in my year for all subjects, that would be enough for a good ATAR right?

SunnyScience

HSC
Haven't really received rankings for subjects, teachers always put it off. But I'm aiming for the top 20-30% percentile in my year for all subjects, that would be enough for a good ATAR right?
It really depends on your subjects...top 25% in standard english is not enough for a "good" atar (though, it really depends on what you define as "good" (90+?)). Top 25% for chem, physics, 4U maths and Adv English should probably get you 90+ assuming your year isn't terrible.

But seriously, just aim for a HIGH as you possibly can. Don't aim for the top 25%, aim for number one and to do your best. You'll be fine.

Shevvi

HSC
N/A
What's up with your quote? Slut-shaming much.

tezzac10

HSC
Very easy, just rote learn and wing it brah! ;) You can do it, i mean c'mon im british and i did it... 99.90 atar for me, BRAH YOU CAN DO IT BRAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WeaselPowa

HSC
It's funny how people have asked for your subjects like three times and you still haven't said what they are. It makes our job so much easier if you just tell us your subjects..

probjer

HSC
Look at me, I bludged the whole HSC year and I just scraped 90 at a school ranked in the late 200's.
I'm sure you're fine.

Brotein

HSC
Look at me, I bludged the whole HSC year and I just scraped 90 at a school ranked in the late 200's.
I'm sure you're fine.

Dat physics...are u a wizard?

I Guess your MX1 pulled you up quite a bit.

Brotein

HSC
And my subjects are : English Adv, Mathematics, Engineering Studies, Business Studies and Physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)