top 10 in our school is in no way a 90 UAI

You need to be top 5 or so.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
blackfriday said:
oh yeh and how is it to get 90+ uai?

so bloody easy you wouldnt believe it
Hehe, that's what most people say after completing the HSC. I guess that's why it's so overated... still gotta work for it though.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
yinyin said:
if u r in a selective, how many % will ur uai increase?
Does this sentence make sense?
it can make a difference. in o3 or o4 was it? someone in my school was the first person in our school's history to become an all rounder and his uai was only 97. my friend on the other hand goes to sefton and did his hsc in o2? and got 2 band 6's and the rest band 5's and got the same uai.

warstalker

I dunno
HSC
YBK said:
lol jay

top 10 in our school is in no way a 90 UAI

You need to be top 5 or so.

LOl youssef, that because past studesnts have done crap in their HSC exams thats why our school dont get much band 6s but no matter what schooll you go to you can still get high 90s if you get your rank is good with your mark. Past results dont affect us at all...

P

pLuvia

haha yeh, I've heard that one millions of times.

LOl youssef, that because past studesnts have done crap in their HSC exams thats why our school dont get much band 6s but no matter what schooll you go to you can still get high 90s if you get your rank is good with your mark. Past results dont affect us at all...
Well the ranking of the school might :p, but you can do it. Good luck!

Monstar

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
my dad promised me a trip to go overseas if i get a uai of 75+ in year10 :p. but yeah despite that were still going overseas at the end of the year lol

i get a car if i get 90+ So thats why im going to become extremely anti social and study all year, im dumb and i dont pick up on things. So if i study like a person who wants to get 99, i should get 90. :)

Last edited:

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
thats the wrong attitude to take. everyone has different levels of intelligence - as long as you are happy that you have done your best that's all that matters.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lol

judgin by ur subjects (seeing u got the ability to choose them)

i dont think it will b that hard

i go average skool too. =\ juz gotta work a bit harder than those in selective. =P

Alimoe_KG

HSC
If you're in a good high ranked selective school, than gettin 90+ is quite easy granted you don't like...skip school the whole year =/

If you're not...you'll have to put in quite a lot of work. But it's easily do-able as many BOSers have proven.

ange123321

HSC
hi... all this talk about uai is getting my nervous... just wandering what everyones advice would be on my subject and how "uai of 90+" they are if i work really really hard.
i went on to SAM and if i get like 90 in all then that a UAI of about 95 .. Do you think that realist ( me getting at least 90 in everything) if i work my ass off for the next two year (im starting yr.11 in 2 days)
- english adv
- geo
-drama
-acient his
-business studies
- food tec

i got to a selective school... but it performing arts not it doesnt matter if your stupid :D

thanks.. ange xoxoxox

Alimoe_KG

HSC
ange123321 said:
hi... all this talk about uai is getting my nervous... just wandering what everyones advice would be on my subject and how "uai of 90+" they are if i work really really hard.
i went on to SAM and if i get like 90 in all then that a UAI of about 95 .. Do you think that realist ( me getting at least 90 in everything) if i work my ass off for the next two year (im starting yr.11 in 2 days)
- english adv
- geo
-drama
-acient his
-business studies
- food tec

i got to a selective school... but it performing arts not it doesnt matter if your stupid :D

thanks.. ange xoxoxox
Wow the grammar and syntax in there is a bit rusty :confused:

But if you scored 90 overall for all your subjects (with ranking being important obviously), i see no reason why you can't get at least 95. Chuck in 4U maths and you'll get 99+ :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Any selective school around top 30 or higher is considered a "good high ranked selective school". But that doesn't mean you can't score high from a not-so-high ranked school. :)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Just because you go to a "good high ranked selective" school doesn't mean you can just relax. In fact, you will probably have to work harder than ever to compete in there.

Also, selective schools are only "good" because the students in there are smart. Their teachers are overrated in most cases. I know for one that James Ruse's english faculty is fucked beyond repair. Hence, it's still all up to you to ensure your own final results.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
pLuvia said:
A good high ranked selective school? lol, like NSBH, NSGH, Sydney girls, normanhurst, james ruse etc
if you think normanhurst is a 'highly ranked selective school' you need your head checked

lala2

Banned
HSC
Now that's news to hear JR's English department has just crashed and burned, cos they stole the best English teacher I ever had...hmmph (pouts). Anyway, back to the topic, just get a good ranking (if in a not so good school), or a decent ranking (if in a better school), and accelerate towards externals, cos they will save your butt if your ranking doesn't, as I learnt with Chem. Easier said than done, but if you work consistently and learn from your mistakes, you should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)