how hard is it to get into UWS? (1 Viewer)

colinl

HSC
N/A
srs? i need like 63.4 for financial advising but i got 43.1. There is still hope for me even though im below the cut off? im getting some bonus points, the regional area, youth allowance and disadvantaged school. Would that help?

tubtub

HSC
its pretty easy to get into uws in my opinion. even if you got sh*i uai, still give it a try. uws loves to get as many enrolments as possible for the $$$$$.

Doomah

HSC
srs? i need like 63.4 for financial advising but i got 43.1. There is still hope for me even though im below the cut off? im getting some bonus points, the regional area, youth allowance and disadvantaged school. Would that help?

getting in is one thing, but what about passing? drop out rates at UWS is very high.....

colinl

HSC
N/A
hmmm.. i'll have to make sure i work VERY VERY VERY hard then

Doomah

HSC
good luck thats what everyone says. "i'll study from day 1"... easier said than done

not only do you need to pass, you probably need credit-distinction average to get a decent job in the financial industry

colinl

HSC
N/A
good luck thats what everyone says. "i'll study from day 1"... easier said than done

not only do you need to pass, you probably need credit-distinction average to get a decent job in the financial industry
oh alrighty, hopefully i can transfer to usyd a year later? do u think i have a chance to get an offer from UWS despite my low atar?

Doomah

HSC
really not sure bro, how much bonus pts do you get??

if you dont get in just do 1 year of tafe, get credits (very easy to do) then transfer to UWS.

colinl

HSC
N/A
really not sure bro, how much bonus pts do you get??

if you dont get in just do 1 year of tafe, get credits (very easy to do) then transfer to UWS.
im not sure how much i get, but i get 5 for living in the area, plus youth allowance and disadv school? is that 10 bonus atar points?

Doomah

HSC
yeah u have a chance mate.... can you consider a course that has a cut off at 50??

colinl

HSC
N/A
yeah u have a chance mate.... can you consider a course that has a cut off at 50??
cant seem to find a course that has a cut off at 50 :( oh well i'll just hope for that offer. thanks for your help mate much appreciated. :)

colinl

HSC
N/A
wat about business /commerce i need 72.55 @ parramatta and 68.8 @ campbelltown. any hope for those?

VicerExciser

HSC
wat about business /commerce i need 72.55 @ parramatta and 68.8 @ campbelltown. any hope for those?
with 46? lmao even UWS isn't that desperate. this anecdotal notion of UWS taking in people with UAIs/ATARs that are nowhere near the cutoff is mythical.

schtrevey

BBC/LLB
HSC
Hey Colinl, have you tried looking at UWS college? They offer diplomas which can give you credit for 1st year courses at UWS.

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
nah i wanna get in uws cause i live closer there.

well whats your atar?

if you didnt get the mark, you can go uws college, not sure what course you want to do, but only some diplomas are offered. The good news is when you pass, you go straight into second year uni, meaning your not behind :)

oh and btw, this has nothing to do with you mate, what im saying now is just my opinion of what others think.

all i wanna say is, isnt it funny when people bag uws for having such low cutoffs and make it an outcast to other unis, when people in similar situations like you are desperate to get into any uni by any means necessary.

ahhh the irony of uws these days, see here, its not a shit uni, even uws have standards, and mind you there are course cutoffs much higher then usyd or unsw etc, all comes under supply and demand but people here are too stupid to know what the hell uai means, they think, the higher the smarter or something, ignorants with no logic...

well hope you get into your course, let me know how it goes

and if you live in the western suburbs you should recieve bonus uai points, i think +5 points or something, so that should help you abit.

and if you applied for EAS, that should be another 5 points, so chances are still in your favour.

goodluck.

colinl

HSC
N/A
well whats your atar?

if you didnt get the mark, you can go uws college, not sure what course you want to do, but only some diplomas are offered. The good news is when you pass, you go straight into second year uni, meaning your not behind :)

oh and btw, this has nothing to do with you mate, what im saying now is just my opinion of what others think.

all i wanna say is, isnt it funny when people bag uws for having such low cutoffs and make it an outcast to other unis, when people in similar situations like you are desperate to get into any uni by any means necessary.

ahhh the irony of uws these days, see here, its not a shit uni, even uws have standards, and mind you there are course cutoffs much higher then usyd or unsw etc, all comes under supply and demand but people here are too stupid to know what the hell uai means, they think, the higher the smarter or something, ignorants with no logic...

well hope you get into your course, let me know how it goes

and if you live in the western suburbs you should recieve bonus uai points, i think +5 points or something, so that should help you abit.

and if you applied for EAS, that should be another 5 points, so chances are still in your favour.

goodluck.
my atar was 43.1, course i want to go into is business/commerce or financial advising.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)