how hard is it to get into UWS? (1 Viewer)

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
my atar was 43.1, course i want to go into is business/commerce or financial advising.

oh, i see.

check this link here Diploma in Business and Commerce

its for business and commerce, uws college offer a course in it, it wont be easy, even with 10 bonus points, so to avoid risking the chance and missing out, id ring the uni up and ask about the uws college.

atar of 43.1, the cutoff for business i think is around 60-70, not so sure, and seeing its competitive, who knows if the atar goes up this year?

at the end of the diploma, when you complete 1 yr i think, you can transfer to 2nd year without falling behind, your exempted from all of 1st yr from the diploma.

so yea, try and contact them, and ask them about it, im not 100% sure, but i think im correct still along these lines, better yet to still chase it up and clarify it.

hope this helps.

colinl

HSC
N/A
oh, i see.

check this link here Diploma in Business and Commerce

its for business and commerce, uws college offer a course in it, it wont be easy, even with 10 bonus points, so to avoid risking the chance and missing out, id ring the uni up and ask about the uws college.

atar of 43.1, the cutoff for business i think is around 60-70, not so sure, and seeing its competitive, who knows if the atar goes up this year?

at the end of the diploma, when you complete 1 yr i think, you can transfer to 2nd year without falling behind, your exempted from all of 1st yr from the diploma.

so yea, try and contact them, and ask them about it, im not 100% sure, but i think im correct still along these lines, better yet to still chase it up and clarify it.

hope this helps.
thanks so much mate, much appreciated.

colinl

HSC
N/A
no worries dude, goodluck, let me know if all goes well :)
:) just a few more questions, you know how much it cost? i think its 11K cause its a 2 semester program?

After completing that diploma can i find a job straight away?

Can i transfer to any uni after getting good marks in that diploma or is it i can only transfer to UWS?

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
:) just a few more questions, you know how much it cost? i think its 11K cause its a 2 semester program?

After completing that diploma can i find a job straight away?

Can i transfer to any uni after getting good marks in that diploma or is it i can only transfer to UWS?
im not sure about the price, on how much it costs, but maybe that link might lead you to it, im not sure if they have a hecs program for these diplomas, not sure if they do, or maybe you have to pay your fees upfront? im not so sure, best to ask them, give them a call and ask that one...good question though.

as for transfer, im not sure, i think you can go to another uni, but it wont be easy, you might need some really high grades, im not sure.

im not really sure, since that diploma is part of uws degree, so its a continuation and you need the diploma first to enrol in the degree, however transferring may seem possible, but it wont be easy i think.

again you should ask them, i never did a diploma before thats why im clueless hehe, but ask them and they should give you a much better answer then mine.

do you know anyone who has done a diploma before? you can try asking them if you know anybody.

sorry, i wasnt much help here lol...

colinl

HSC
N/A
im not sure about the price, on how much it costs, but maybe that link might lead you to it, im not sure if they have a hecs program for these diplomas, not sure if they do, or maybe you have to pay your fees upfront? im not so sure, best to ask them, give them a call and ask that one...good question though.

as for transfer, im not sure, i think you can go to another uni, but it wont be easy, you might need some really high grades, im not sure.

im not really sure, since that diploma is part of uws degree, so its a continuation and you need the diploma first to enrol in the degree, however transferring may seem possible, but it wont be easy i think.

again you should ask them, i never did a diploma before thats why im clueless hehe, but ask them and they should give you a much better answer then mine.

do you know anyone who has done a diploma before? you can try asking them if you know anybody.

sorry, i wasnt much help here lol...
doesn't matter u've helped me enough already :D

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
ay guys i got an atar of 87.1 and i want to go medical science at UWS do u think i can get an early offer keeping in mind that i live in greater western Sydney

by the way the cut off so far is 72.6

thx
My sister got 89 as her UAI, went into Med Sci. Pretty sure she got her offer in main round, though this was back in 2004.

Monstar

HSC
go to tafe .. get a cert for accounting.. getting that will mean you'd be able to cruise into unis such as Mq, UTS and UNSW; provided you do well (credit-distinction average).

colinl

HSC
N/A
go to tafe .. get a cert for accounting.. getting that will mean you'd be able to cruise into unis such as Mq, UTS and UNSW; provided you do well (credit-distinction average).
yeah i know i can do that but i just dont wanna go to tafe since i have to spend 2 years there and then when i transfer to uni i have spend some more years there. it will be a waste of a year :(

Doomah

HSC
u can just do 1 year of tafe adv diploma then transfer, u dont have to do the full 2 years..... you prob get at least 2 exeptions if you pick your sujbects right

colinl

HSC
N/A
u can just do 1 year of tafe adv diploma then transfer, u dont have to do the full 2 years..... you prob get at least 2 exeptions if you pick your sujbects right
oh alrite. well anyway im gonna do as much as i can to try to get into uni.

tubtub

HSC
tafe>uni isnt as bad as you think it is. you will be suprised at how many ppl tansferred from tafe to uni, and its not just uws too. tafe is so much cheaper too. ppl who graduated who came from tafe dont have a massive help debt compared to those who started at uni. and you get exemptions for electives depending on your marks, so you dont have to waste 1K per subject on useless electives.

colinl

HSC
N/A
tafe>uni isnt as bad as you think it is. you will be suprised at how many ppl tansferred from tafe to uni, and its not just uws too. tafe is so much cheaper too. ppl who graduated who came from tafe dont have a massive help debt compared to those who started at uni. and you get exemptions for electives depending on your marks, so you dont have to waste 1K per subject on useless electives.
yeah i guess theres a few brightsides to it. but i still wanna go to uni next year.

schtrevey

BBC/LLB
HSC
I don't think you can, I believe TAFE would be a good option or colleges.

krayzie_

HSC
yeah i guess theres a few brightsides to it. but i still wanna go to uni next year.
I came from tafe to uni, when applying for exemptions you'll find that uni's don't like to grant that much exemptions to tafe students unless the subjects were exactly identical and I'm talking about subject outlines, content, delivery mode etc. and I was doing an Adv Diploma which didn't mean nothing to them :D

colinl

HSC
N/A
I came from tafe to uni, when applying for exemptions you'll find that uni's don't like to grant that much exemptions to tafe students unless the subjects were exactly identical and I'm talking about subject outlines, content, delivery mode etc. and I was doing an Adv Diploma which didn't mean nothing to them :D
did u end up being an accountant?

krayzie_

HSC
did u end up being an accountant?
Well I'm nearly at completion for my double degree. Business & Accounting - however with no exemptions at all from TAFE because my uni didn't really think my TAFE subjects were up to par with their subjects. To give them abit of credit, they were right. In TAFE they practically hold your hand and give you the answers. I got HD's for doing crap all, try applying the same approach in uni and you'll probably end up with F/Low P's

colinl

HSC
N/A
well i'm nearly at completion for my double degree. Business & accounting - however with no exemptions at all from tafe because my uni didn't really think my tafe subjects were up to par with their subjects. To give them abit of credit, they were right. In tafe they practically hold your hand and give you the answers. I got hd's for doing crap all, try applying the same approach in uni and you'll probably end up with f/low p's

fml !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)