How hard is it to transfer? (1 Viewer)

d-pilipovic

HSC
I received an atar of 92 and am going to be studying advanced science at unsw, what type of wam would I have to achieve to be able to transfer into usyd science/commerce?
also if I were to hypothetically receive an offer for usyd advanced science what type of wam would I have to achieve to transfer in to the science/commerce degree, would it be higher or lower?

annie_m

HSC
Transferring through uac is a lot easier than it is marketed to be in my experience. My atar from 2011 was mid 80s, so I enrolled in b health sci at usyd. This is a great course to get good marks in! And you can do some science units in first year to get credit for when you eventually do transfer. I had a D average come the end of first year and only decided to transfer last minute when only late round offers were open. I put down B science/ master of nutrition and dietetics (98 atar I think?) although it had no vacancies left, needless to say I got an offer :) it's really possible providing that you work hard! :)

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
not very

i went from b.econ at uws to comm/sci @ usyd with 1 fail and a few Ds & HDs

just aim for Cr/D and you'll do fine

d-pilipovic

HSC
This is actually making me feel so much better, I'm basically passing up a chance to do the degree I want now because its at a uni I don't want to be at. I think I can get pretty good marks in the course I'm planning on doing especially seeing as it's something I'm passionate about. Thank you for the responses :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)