how hard? (1 Viewer)

steph-x

HSC
I personally find advanced harder than both extension 1 and extension 2 english because of the amount of texts you learn through out the year and the competitive nature of the course. At my school, they didn't even offer standard english as it's apparently a huge trap for your atar. However you should definitely run your concerns by your teacher as they should know the extent of your ability.

HSC 2012 - advanced english, extension 1, extension 2, 2 unit mathematics, biology, visual art

iBibah

HSC
I always thought Extension was easier than Advanced because it's like two topics in two years instead of four topics within a year like in Advanced.

Also, don't do Standard.
Yeh lol in ext we just discuss stuff. hardly anything (though its prelim)

Also your teachers talk up each level i.e "Advanced students have to *insert bullshit*, if your not cut out for it go to standard where its a lot easier"

Never choose standard if you want an atar as it will kill it, bury it, then laugh in your face.

albeitunique

HSC
I regret doing extension so much- it's a ridiculous amount of work. Not overly hard though.

I found year 11 extension enjoyable, dropped another subject and found I absolutely hated year 12 ext 1. I only had 11 units and was doing extension 2 so I couldn't drop and am stuck with it. Maybe it's because I've got some personal issues going on, or it could be because I just hate the subject, but I couldn't/can't be bothered putting in the effort to really thrive and achieve top marks in the subject.

Keep your options open and find out what you'll be doing before you take the course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)