How I.T is contributed to the UAI (1 Viewer)

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
Hey guys how are you all? Ok heres my question:
With I.T, is the mark that gets input as the HSC mark absed solely on the exam? Like as in if you kill the exam, is that all thats gonna count? I'm not worried about doing crap in I.T, but I am relying on it to be one of my higher scores along with IPT and Chem to bring up my mark from Eng And Physics. Maths doesnt come into the equation, after my abysmal and demoralising half yearly performance :(

Thanks Guys.

P.S I need a UAI of 80 ish to get into comp. eng. at UOW. I know it has a heavy influence on maths, but Theres no motivation at school at least, and i know i will do better at uni. Anyone know approx UAI's for the other uni's for this course? My main plan is to get into UOW through their early acces scheme and some damn good Trial results :D

Last edited:

wallid

HSC
stoydgen u seem so confident about I T, how do you study for it, notes from class?

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by stoydgen
Hey guys how are you all? Ok heres my question:
With I.T, is the mark that gets input as the HSC mark absed solely on the exam? Like as in if you kill the exam, is that all thats gonna count?

Anyone know approx UAI's for the other uni's for this course? :D
The IT exam in the HSC is sent to the board. Nothing else unles you have a misadventure application filled out. Then it is your trial mark that is sent in.

As for the second point. Check other uni's websites for a more accurate acount on UAI's

bicolap

Hey guys how come people find IT hard, Its the EASIEST subject in the whole HSC for my Half yearly i didnt study for a second i just looked over the Conversion types, and got 93% not showing of or anything but can you guys please explain what makes it hard.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by bicolap
Hey guys how come people find IT hard, Its the EASIEST subject in the whole HSC for my Half yearly i didnt study for a second i just looked over the Conversion types, and got 93% not showing of or anything but can you guys please explain what makes it hard.

I'd say IT is populated with students who believe, using a PC and knowing how to use windows and using ICQ or MSN, searching things, knowing how to type in word, will mean they'll ace IT. It's not that, most of them probably know nothing about computers, they just know the basic things that they use which amuses them, i mean how often would any of them enter into their BIOS/CMOS setup and play around with the settings, how many of them know about the properties of file types etc.

^___^
HSC
IT is not a hard subject
but to do well, it requires a lot of hard work

don't assume its a bludge course and it is easy and expects to walk into the exam with 2hrs of cramming and come out with a mark of band 5 or band 6

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by ...
IT is not a hard subject
but to do well, it requires a lot of hard work

don't assume its a bludge course and it is easy and expects to walk into the exam with 2hrs of cramming and come out with a mark of band 5 or band 6
but that's what i did :p... i didn't do anythign throughout the year besides surf the net and exploit our systems :D...

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
You are an exception to the rule winst. You did spend a lot of time online here which would have brushes up your knowledge.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Andrew_Blackwel
You are an exception to the rule winst. You did spend a lot of time online here which would have brushes up your knowledge.
lol i spent alot of time in the english forum, does that help with IT? :p...

but on a side note i wasnt quite introduced to computers for so long, u might think maybe sincei was young, but my first pc was in yr 10, 2001, i got a 486 it was from a relative so i was using windows 3.1 and got hooked onto Paint lol... and then after the end of yr 10 we upgraded and got windows 95 on it :D the 486 turned into a celeron, and i got hacked so many times etc infected by virus's and then it got me motivated to learn a bit about comps and in yr 10 when choosing subs thats why i chose IT and SDD in yr 10 i didnt doo comp studies so yea i wanted to do IT to learn about comps but in the end i learnt about it on my own and for SDD it was self taught too.

I know alot of ppl who has been exposed to a computer much longer than me, but im not bragging either but they should very well exceeed my knowledge, but it just shows alot of ppl who uses the PC doesnt care to learn rather just chat and download musics and plagiarise thats it.

Last edited:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
A person involved with computers who has good expression in English - oh my god! That's unpossible! :p

CrashOveride

HSC
First computer in 2001

Damn Winston, u caught on fast =p

Nah j/k, what do u do at uni winston ?

HSC
I do 4 unit IT - and it is awesome. Alot more hardware based and doing alot of networking at the moment. :)

Old_Sk3wl

HSC
i must say IT is the biggest bludge :) me and 2 mates do it and do NO work what so ever and all get 85+ what could be easier?

Shimtek

HSC
IT is sweet, i do it through DE so basically i spend a few hours each term doing the exercises without actually reading the material and i get an A mark ^_^.

Its a good bludge but its badly scaled... though 90+ would get you some decent points

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
wallid said:
stoydgen u seem so confident about I T, how do you study for it, notes from class?
PSSSH class? Lol our teacher is an incompetent sod. The thing is, I've honestly not learnt a thing apart from the OH & S stuff. Otherwise most of the stuff comes from IPT (which im doin iight in now :D), and otherwise most of it is common sense. All those people that say english is an important component of IT, it is, esp for the extended response Q's. Anyways i was rather pissed off when i managed only a 81 in the Trial, soo mee is gonna work my butt off for that exam, esp considering it's scaling. I have a week and a half break before it too, so that should help.

it is not easy!!!!!
especially when your teacher assumes you know everything and doesn't explain shit!!!!! bah
as if i know how to ping or go into the bos or whatever
what the hell is a cpu
BAH
i hate it it is the shittest subgject
bah
bah
bah
.........how do you study for it????:S

beeaioh

HSC
N/A
hmM...

that was what i was wondering.....
i should have read before posting a new thread... stupid me... but yeh..
i think its so cos my teacher said that she submits the trial marks to the BOS or somethin and then our HSC exam will also be submitted and whichever is higher they'll take... but that just sounds weird so now im confused....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)