How is everyone going in Theory???? (1 Viewer)

djfadz

At the moment i have had i think 3 assesments to do with theory and i have F*#!ked them all up...... but on the other hand my prac stuff is at the top of the year..... I NEED HELP!!?!?!?!?! what are you guys doing to get good marks in theory jsut for some reason i study heaps and still get s*#t marks.......

any suggestions????

thanx

Dj-FaDz

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
re

I'm not sure really..
I tend to get between 15 -20/ 20 and I'm the queen of not studying (that goes for all subjects)
I think basically you have to talk about the art work such as the use of brush strokes or color etc...
what are you actually writing?

PsyCheDeliC

basically you just have to waffle on about the conceptual framework and the frames, you have to mention them in just about everything.
quoting critics gets you good marks too and sometimes its good to pt in yor own opinions about the artist/artwork your studing, i fnd its easer if you get subjects your interested in but obviously we cant always do that.
im actually better at the theory than prac cos i can never seem to get the ideas in head out properly they always look dfferent

just use the same words to describe the frame or artist or movement or pratice. refer to ur content book and all the notes the teachers chuck at ya,
example gordon benett is an australian / aboriginal artist
and his artworks are grotesque and are about political conflict
theres usually a set of vocab to describe each artworks and their paintings,
reuse them
for benett, its always grotesque. alienation, isolation. eurocentric blah blah.
just reuse them

i find art easier to talk about than for example english. its easier to dvelop ur won opinion about it. why do u like or hate it? unlike
shakespeare
*shivers*

:D

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
I came first in theory (and prac) in my school. If you need anything i'll be more than happy to help(if i can of course).:D

*tasha*

Can anyone tell me, in logical terms, any differences found between Early Renaissance, Renaissance and High Renaissance?

IS there any difference or is it just the difference when Renaissance started, was at its' peak and then when it died in art history?

I'm kind of confused about the whole idea right now and we're supposed to understand the concpets of Renaissance. I've got examples and I've seen the works I just can't figure out any differences.

DC10

i'm extremely worried - it seems that the teachers and my fellow students at my school are doing nothing much in the 'theory lessons'

Is art theory really that hard? :mad1:

*tasha*

Our class spends a theory lesson a week so that we can learn what is needed.

I think you might need to approach the teacher and see what she/he can do about teaching theory - as boring as it can be.

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
What the? how did that happen? I think if you refresh the same page where you sent the message it sends it twice....maybe:(

DC10

actually, after the artworks are submitted, all there is left for art is the theory bit, so probably can study them by then...

HSC
why do people deem the history and theory of art "boring". Although art is in fact a visual language, the history and theory behind it enhances the aesthetics its aethetics. Definately, you should be doing art theory at least twice a week, it's an equally important part of the course. Art is not simply about the process and practice, but also the cultural, contextual and personal reasons behind the product. We should appreciate this more. Read as many art books as you can, it's sooo fascinating!

*tasha*

I think that many people can see art as a subjective thing. I understadn that theory has to be done but when we start talking about the artists we can only assume what they were attempting to show through their artworks and half the time it is still questioned whether or not there was any meaning behind the artworks.

I understand that it can be interesting but I still find much of the topic subjective despite teachers and Board of Studies telling me and all other art students that it's objective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)