How is the class of 05 coping with the pressure of HSC (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
freaked said:
I hate when people say that. All I think is, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. To me, the HSC is hugely important, if I stress so much that I end up in hospital at the end of the year, then so be it, as long as I get good marks.

The HSC could be a less stressed if the bored of studies took into consideration the amount of work they are putting on students, lessen the work load, or spread it over two year (and to everyone reading this, don't yell at me for this next part), even if it means adding an extra year.
It's not worth getting yourself sick over something like the HSC, as Kami mentioned. You should realise that the HSC is not everything and you don't need to achieve a high UAI to get into university. There are alternative pathways (check out that thread in this forum). I'm not just saying this because I've been through the HSC, but I know poeple who went absolutely crap in their HSC and have managed to get high distinctios in their first year. One of them is completing their pHD. The other one got in the mid-60s for their UAI, got into B Science at UWS with that UAI, is getting HD's and is probably going to transfer over to USYD (which requires a UAI of 81). Getting stressed does absolutely nothing. I mean, it is normal to get stressed, but not to the point that you get sick. Please take mine and other people's advice (like Kami's :)).

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I'm not generally stressed by the HSC itself...if anything I just worry about my MW's for EE2 and Drama...I seriously struggle to sleep at night thinking about what I have to do for them. It's a pain in the bunghole.

this_girl

HSC
I'm coping fine. Yeah there's a lot of work to do and a lot to take in but you have to find a balance between school work and everything else. I'm glad I'm one of those people who don't stress.

Moonlite

HSC
I'm unfortunately one of those 'stressed-out' people.... I try not to be, but I just can't help it lol. Aughh I can't believe i've wasted the whole holidays! :(

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Moonlite said:
I'm unfortunately one of those 'stressed-out' people.... I try not to be, but I just can't help it lol. Aughh I can't believe i've wasted the whole holidays! :(
Don't worry I was exactly the same and although yr 12 is ova for me I stress now ova TAFE work in my three wks hols I've had 2 assignments!! One I had to email off at the end of the first & I just got it in. The second is due on monday morning which is the first day of the semester!!!

Mandy101

HSC
I'm actually loving this year - it's hard work, but it pays off, and I've found that I'm having a lot more fun with my friends when we're out b/c we like to make the most of whatever free time we get. It's a shitty year in terms of how much study you have to do, but I think the benefits have outweighed the costs. I get stressed every now and then, but you've just got to put your best and and get your best out, and that's all that really matters.

kim_

I hate the hsc i just wna finish it...im not coping too well a little bit stressed at times...coz i know ive stuffed up...

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
fairydust said:
I hate the hsc i just wna finish it...im not coping too well a little bit stressed at times...coz i know ive stuffed up...
lol I know the feeling all too well!!! *gringe* I think a majority of us hate yr 12 and think "oh shit! I'm a goner, I've stuffed up!!!" Only to be pleasantly surprised by results but all the more happy its over. :D

countryprincess

HSC
help

ive hit a brick wall and i dont know what to do, im no im not the onli one ova 60% of our grade has and this is even b4 our trails, our skool is all bout " high expectations" and it is draining us all. i find the stress of this all too much , if any1 has any de stressing and getting through the wall tips please let me know
thank you
countryprincess

Last edited:

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
All schools in a sense have high expectations, I no mine did and it was like a pressure cooker everyday. For me to get throught that I just kept on telling myself that at the end of the day I'm the one that has to be happy with myself and my achievents.
So I just disregarded what the skool said and did my own thing!!!! After all you cant stress over things you cant control.

mira_mira

Yeah ..... no... lol im totallly in the i give up phase... and what am i supposed to do for my photography major work? are there any guidelines? waddahell is all i have to say.. and when did 2005 go by so quickly, its already time for trials... haha woah is all i have 2 say
and why do i feel like im slowing down whereas everyone else is easily coping... even tho i no theyre not but u no
im finding it hard 2 keep my place and rankings r scary i thought i was good b4 but now learning more about the uai and everything im feeling hopeless lol
but anyways.... gotta keep smiling!! lol we'll get thru it class of 2005 good luck to us all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)