How is university different to high school? (1 Viewer)

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't they tell you when the due date is? How am I supposed to figure out the due date without them telling me?
In the subject outline, it should contain all the assignments and the due dates.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you know when we'd usually get this?
I find usually 1-2 weeks before class commences is normal.

Though I did get one unit guide that came out about an hour before the first lecture. That first lecture is usually going over the unit outline and what the subject is about.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I find usually 1-2 weeks before class commences is normal.

Though I did get one unit guide that came out about an hour before the first lecture. That first lecture is usually going over the unit outline and what the subject is about.
Oh so they come out on the university's online portal?

It's 3 weeks before my classes commence, fingers crossed they come out soon :spin:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
best part is when the first lecture starts and all the first years whip out their notebooks to take notes and they just end up going through the course outline lmao

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You can read previous semesters' course outlines to gauge what the course structure will be like. You could also ask past students who have done the course.

Mr_Kap

HSC
In high school ---> do fuck all from 7-11 and get good marks, and in year 12 only do work for 4 months (just before trials starts onwards to the HSC) and you can get 95 Atar.

In Uni ---> you do fuck all ---> you do shit

That's what im guessing anyways. I don't wanna go uni because this 3 month break has been so good, not studying.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Is the course outline what's in the handbook?
Depends on the uni but generally no.

At UNSW I just type in the course code, course outline and semester into google (eg "FINS1613 course outline 2015 semester 1")

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Depends on the uni but generally no.

At UNSW I just type in the course code, course outline and semester into google (eg "FINS1613 course outline 2015 semester 1")
Thanks

I just searched but to no avail, I'm pretty sure they go up on vUWS for WSU so it wouldn't come up on google or anything as it's a private portal thingo. Guess I'll just have to be patient lol

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
best part is when the first lecture starts and all the first years whip out their notebooks to take notes and they just end up going through the course outline lmao
So first lecture I won't even need a book to write on because they go over the course outline?

D94

HSC
N/A
So first lecture I won't even need a book to write on because they go over the course outline?
it doesn't take an hour to go over a course outline

and if it does, then you know you have a shit lecturer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)