How is your timetable? (1 Viewer)

alexvincent

HSC
I'm doing an actuarial degree and I have to be at uni every weekday. I think there was no avoiding that because I had lectures everyday. Is that really the case or did I just not manipulate my timetable well enough?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
alexvincent said:
I'm doing an actuarial degree and I have to be at uni every weekday. I think there was no avoiding that because I had lectures everyday. Is that really the case or did I just not manipulate my timetable well enough?
generally there is only 1 lecture for each unit (unless it is stat170). Practicals/Tutorials are a different matter. If you are finding that one day is made up of just practicals/tutorials, then you may be able to manipulate your timetable to have practicals on days that you can't avoid going to uni (such as days when you have to go to a lecture).

If you have a lecture every day then it is likely that there is no way out of not having to go each week day. But you could recheck the lecture and prac times just to make sure there is only one lecture for each unit. What units are you doing? Maybe I can have a look for you.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
alexvincent said:
You're not going to have any free days in first year, its only in second year where us actuarial students get a day off, and only one day off.

Kegs

HSC
Some classes have 4 lectures. Dont feel bad if thats you. It means less work at home. (Maths is a good example of this, with 4 hours lecture time. MKTG101 has 1 3-hour lecture, which is killer.)

Kegs

HSC
sometime soon. For some reason 31st of jan at 6:30am sticks in my mind.

P

pLuvia

alexvincent said:
Yeh same here, isn't very nice of a timetable

HSC
N/A
they also have to rock up to uni :p

That MKTG101 lecture isn't actually as bad as you think it is. Granted it's a 2 hour lecture, but you'll get a 15-20min break and the lecturers are pretty funny (Julian for one, and I-can't-remember-his-real-name-but-I-call-him-Fabio as the second). The third hour is taken up by an en mass 'tute'.

The test are ridiculously easy to study for as well - I think I got HD's and D's for all my assessments.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
glitterfairy said:
they also have to rock up to uni :p

That MKTG101 lecture isn't actually as bad as you think it is. Granted it's a 2 hour lecture, but you'll get a 15-20min break and the lecturers are pretty funny (Julian for one, and I-can't-remember-his-real-name-but-I-call-him-Fabio as the second). The third hour is taken up by an en mass 'tute'.

The test are ridiculously easy to study for as well - I think I got HD's and D's for all my assessments.
Hahahhahaha, but didnt Julian only open? I dont recall having him after the first week. The second guy reminds me of Steve Irwin and a bit of a camping instructor i had back in school. Him and his shorts!

I got a feeling uni is gonna suck this sem. Im hoping for 2 days cause im soooo over it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
Hahahhahaha, but didnt Julian only open? I dont recall having him after the first week. The second guy reminds me of Steve Irwin and a bit of a camping instructor i had back in school. Him and his shorts!

I got a feeling uni is gonna suck this sem. Im hoping for 2 days cause im soooo over it.
Yeah, I've been over it for about 6 months now, I sense another shit year yay!

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
sorry. with my old post i meant 1 lecture that you can choose from. Not meaning just one lecture. I.e. PSY104 has 2 different lectures but only ONE of each kind (so you cant 'choose' which one to attend to. Whereas in stat170 it has 2 Different lectures but they have alternative lectures for each lecture.

bwah. i've probably confused everyone. including me.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
AsyLum said:
Yeah, I've been over it for about 6 months now, I sense another shit year yay!
Woah dude, youre still alive. I think as i a result i shall play Zelda tommorow. Asylum, youve CHANGED ME.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
miss_gtr said:
GOOD.

LESS STALKING.

:santa: :santa:

I'm 5 day week for both sems. But i'm doing 14cp for both, so really, it couldve been 3 day week..

Though I think I might skip the day that only has one lecture.
Sure sure. If youre there 5 days, ill definitely be seeing you this year.

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:

I had Julian for about half my mktg101 lectures.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
Woah dude, youre still alive. I think as i a result i shall play Zelda tommorow. Asylum, youve CHANGED ME.
Onward soldier!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)