how long do you study for math (1 Viewer)

moniyoo

HSC
how long do you study for math everyday
how often and how much do you get it done everyday or whatever,..

eg. Finish 1exercise from cambridge
etc

how long does it take you to study for math
just really curious
coz im bit... lost....

timinator1993

HSC
More than I should have :/
I basically did the days work from the textbook, finish the exercises set for homework, then as we lern new stuff, write notes for it, collate, and remember formulas etc.

moniyoo

HSC
More than I should have :/
I basically did the days work from the textbook, finish the exercises set for homework, then as we lern new stuff, write notes for it, collate, and remember formulas etc.
you are saying you spend all day studying for math?
how long does it take ya
and what txt book do you use ?

timinator1993

HSC
you are saying you spend all day studying for math?
how long does it take ya
and what txt book do you use ?
Lol sorry Im a retard, I mean I should've studied more than I did, our school gave us Maths In Focus, which is fantastic for understanding concepts/basic exercises, and then used Cambridge 3unit to practice everything.

Sammydubbs

HSC
I possibly studied a bit too much for maths as alot if my other subjects like physics suffered mark-wise, if your doing extension 1 I think they recommend 1 hour per night but I did more like 1 1/2-2 hours per night and a hell of a lot on weekends. The trick is balancing your study, don't focus too much on one thing.

D94

HSC
N/A
Not overly much, but that depends on your aptitude for maths, and how well you understand concepts. Once you understand a concept, or have seen enough examples of it, you won't "really" need to revise over and over because you know it. You will just need to brush up on things when it comes to exams.

I don't believe maths is one of those subjects that "need" a timetabled pattern of study; it's either you get the concept then move on, or you don't get it and need more and more repeated practicing of that concept. Maybe dedicate 1 hour a day to maths if you want something quantitative.

Alkanes

HSC
Around 2 hours a day at school during free periods and 2U class haha. None at home unfortunately xD

HSC
If you work consistently during your frees you won't have to do much study at home! 1-2 hrs?

nae_13

Premium Member
HSC
Wow. I did practically no study for maths... just made sure I finished off exercises for Ext 2 (if that). Makes me feel less optimistic about the exam results now :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)