How long do you wait for results? (1 Viewer)

Lalaloop

HSC
Hey guys, it's another pesky question about selective schools, but in a different context. So, the period of application is now over. All that's left is to wait for the results or take a test. I recently took a test at Fort Street High School (very lovely school, great environment) and I'm wondering when the earliest results come out? Also for Girraween (which the test is next week)? Do I really have to wait until October or do they release it a bit earlier? The dates told in the application acknowledgement are a bit vague, and I'm really curious about my results! I hope people who applied in the previous years also have an input! ^__^Thank you~

Last edited:

wtfnoob123

HSC
Hey guys, it's another pesky question about selective schools, but in a different context. So, the period of application is now over. All that's left is to wait for the results or take a test. I recently took a test at Fort Street High School (very lovely school, great environment) and I'm wondering when the earliest results come out? Also for Girraween (which the test is next week)? Do I really have to wait until October or do they release it a bit earlier? The dates told in the application acknowledgement are a bit vague, and I'm really curious about my results! I hope people who applied in the previous also have an input! ^__^Thank you~
Hey! Yes the results printed are said to be released in October however, many schools send then earlier and do not follow that timetable , how was the fort street exam? Was it hard in maths and English?

Lalaloop

HSC
Oh, really? Sweet. So I can expect the release by maybe mid-September or am I just being to expectant? I don't want too seem to excited about the results, but it's hard to wait for something you've been waiting for... ^__^ Anyway, yeah, I would say the Fort Street exam was okay, definitely not easy, certainly a bit difficult, but manageable. I finished the English paper to be best of my ability, most of the questions of English were about Australia and stuff... The writing bit was about "Australia as your home." The maths bit was very difficult, but I finished all the multiple choice and most of the other questions... I didn't get to finish the paper, tho. I missed 10-15 marks already (ughh, so worried). I'm estimating maybe a 55-75 combined score, which I hope is to be good enough. 166 people applied (the tables were numbered, and I sat at the last row) and I hope the I at least get a reserve.

How about you Mr. wtfnoob? How did your Ruse test yesterday go? Do you think you'll get in??

MissyL

HSC
I'm pretty sure Fort gives their outcome advice at late August, I think applicants were notified then last year just take a look at the posts last year in the year 9-10 forum :) Nsb/Nsg notifies their applicants even earlier I think it was in between 19th -24th of August. Anyways I hope we all get an offer from the selective schools we applied for! :)

**EDIT** It says mid september for nsb/nsg my bad lolol

Last edited:

Lalaloop

HSC
I'm pretty sure Fort gives their outcome advice at late August, I think applicants were notified then last year just take a look at the posts last year in the year 9-10 forum :) Nsb/Nsg notifies their applicants even earlier I think it was in between 19th -24th of August. Anyways I hope we all get an offer from the selective schools we applied for! :)

**EDIT** It says mid september for nsb/nsg my bad lolol
LATE AUGUST? Really? Wow MissyL! That's so quick! I think Girraween is until late September. Hopefully we all get offers. ^____^

Lalaloop

HSC
Did you finish the papers :O?
Did you do the Fort Street exam, wtfnoob? I thought you did the Ruse exam (I'm not spending $100 for something that I can't get into)? haha. I finished the english papers of Fort Street, but not the Maths bit. I'm expecting a score of roughly 55 to 75. ^__^

wtfnoob123

HSC
Did you do the Fort Street exam, wtfnoob? I thought you did the Ruse exam (I'm not spending $100 for something that I can't get into)? haha. I finished the english papers of Fort Street, but not the Maths bit. I'm expecting a score of roughly 55 to 75. ^__^
Nah unfortunately I didn't!, wow awesome, I had friends who did it and they said they didn't finish both maths and English!

MissyL

HSC
Did you finish the papers :O?
Yeah I finished them both :) My answer to the last question in maths was very very concise cos running out of time, hopefully they'll understand what I was pulling at hahaha.

Last edited:

Lalaloop

HSC
Woah... Well, hopefully all goes well. Good luck to WTFNOOB123 with your application to the TOP 10 SCHOOLS. ^__^

DavidxC

HSC
HAHHAHAHA, i finished english too. But the friggen maths.. omg..

t0fu

HSC
I've applied for Fort St since year 8 LOL. The results for me, usually came near the end of Term 3 holidays, it takes a bit of patience. The english paper was so patriotic... but good luck to everyone though.

Lalaloop

HSC
I've applied for Fort St since year 8 LOL. The results for me, usually came near the end of Term 3 holidays, it takes a bit of patience. The english paper was so patriotic... but good luck to everyone though.
Oh, you've been applying for 3 years? My, you deserve an offer then! You never got a reserve position or anything??

t0fu

HSC
Oh, you've been applying for 3 years? My, you deserve an offer then! You never got a reserve position or anything??
I got reserve once, dont really remember the year though. Ive changed schools too many times it's too confusing lol. An offer doesn't come easy, just saying, sometimes the best in a grade don't even get offers (this i've seen with my own eyes) but this year im sure it'll be much easier considering the 20 dedicated spaces.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)