How long do you wait for results? (1 Viewer)

t0fu

HSC
Aww, thank you~ I still have a Girraween test on Saturday. ^__^
Oh we'll be taking basically the same test since im doing it at North Sydney Girls' :) I did the test at Girraween last year though, not to scare you or anything but...that test killed. I think a part of my soul died doing that test. It's not as straight forward as Fort St's test and kind of tests your "higher order thinking". Best of luck to both of us i guess.

Balls2u

HSC
I got reserve once, dont really remember the year though. Ive changed schools too many times it's too confusing lol. An offer doesn't come easy, just saying, sometimes the best in a grade don't even get offers (this i've seen with my own eyes) but this year im sure it'll be much easier considering the 20 dedicated spaces.
Girraween has the most retarded process I've ever seen, you have to be killer in report and test (like me l0l)or just get in on luck. I've seen people with C's in their reports get in over people with straight A's from the same school, pretty sad really but yolosweg, they can screw their school's hsc rank over.

t0fu

HSC
Girraween has the most retarded process I've ever seen, you have to be killer in report and test (like me l0l)or just get in on luck. I've seen people with C's in their reports get in over people with straight A's from the same school, pretty sad really but yolosweg, they can screw their school's hsc rank over.
Da fuq. You're kind of confusing. So you did get into Girraween? Wow good on ya.

t0fu

HSC
Not sure if negative remark.....
Not sure how one attempts to sound somewhat genuine when giving compliments over the internet lol. but seriously, wow. Not being sarcastic (if i sound like it), how you managed to do well on the test, impressive.

Balls2u

HSC
Not sure how one attempts to sound somewhat genuine when giving compliments over the internet lol. but seriously, wow. Not being sarcastic (if i sound like it), how you managed to do well on the test, impressive.
Cheers.Sometimes you do better in things that you don't care about, so during your upcoming exam just walk in knowing you have done all the preparation you can (hast doesn't require any prep lel) and beast it. Besides not getting in isn't the end of the world, anyone can achieve a 99 atar at any school. I was in range of a 99 estimate at my old school being top 10 of the grade, now my estimate is 95...... but that's with bludging and last minuting. (I come off as too arrogant :( )

Lalaloop

HSC
Oh we'll be taking basically the same test since im doing it at North Sydney Girls' :) I did the test at Girraween last year though, not to scare you or anything but...that test killed. I think a part of my soul died doing that test. It's not as straight forward as Fort St's test and kind of tests your "higher order thinking". Best of luck to both of us i guess.
So, did you put Girraween as your preference this Year?? Be

Lalaloop

HSC
But how sure are you that the people who got c's on their report didn't do well in their test? Maybe the people who got C's were a bit disinterested and now they have the ability to change and do better? How many people did Girraween accept that weren't from selective schools? I think.it wouldn't be necessarily luck to get into Girraween... You need a good report and a good test.

t0fu

HSC
Cheers.Sometimes you do better in things that you don't care about, so during your upcoming exam just walk in knowing you have done all the preparation you can (hast doesn't require any prep lel) and beast it. Besides not getting in isn't the end of the world, anyone can achieve a 99 atar at any school. I was in range of a 99 estimate at my old school being top 10 of the grade, now my estimate is 95...... but that's with bludging and last minuting. (I come off as too arrogant :( )
Not sure if I laugh easily or you're somewhat humorous, but you amuse me lol. Thank you for the advice though, will keep in mind. The thought of moving to a higher ranked school is slightly negative though since there needs to be a period of time to adjust to the new environment..

Anyway good luck to you next year, sounds like you've achieved a lot :D

Balls2u

HSC
But how sure are you that the people who got c's on their report didn't do well in their test? Maybe the people who got C's were a bit disinterested and now they have the ability to change and do better? How many people did Girraween accept that weren't from selective schools? I think.it wouldn't be necessarily luck to get into Girraween... You need a good report and a good test.
About 4 kids from selective schools and the rest from private/comprehensive. Yeah I'm pretty sure there was more weighing on the test than the report, I personally know a lot of people who had solid reports but didn't make it. It's kinda ridiculous as the hsc is based off hard work, ie reports being a reflection of this, rather than intelligence or whatever that the hast exam tests, thus I think this selection process compromises the hsc ranking of girraween. In the end it's still a selective and better than about....700 schools in nsw so yer good luck with your upcoming exams. :D

t0fu

HSC
So, did you put Girraween as your preference this Year?? Be
No, unfortunately not haha. I only applied for Fort st and North Sydney this year. Getting into a better school isn't really the first thing on my mind, i'm just curious to see how I'm ranked amongst my cohort.

Lalaloop

HSC
Thank you Mr. Balls2U! I have a pretty good report (but this one thing I was really not expecting), and I hope to ace the exams! Yes, I'll do my best for this exam, and hopefully by September I have an offer of enrolment in my hands! ^__^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)