How long do you wait for results? (1 Viewer)

Rainbowlollipop

HSC
N/A
I reckon the people who got in fort street got a call last week... Idk about the reserve tho... Do they call or mail u if u get the reserve ? Anyone with previous experience ?

t0fu

HSC
I moved schools three times and i greatly prefer single gender schools over co-ed. Various reasons. Please explain how co-ed is somewhat better lol.

t0fu

HSC
I reckon the people who got in fort street got a call last week... Idk about the reserve tho... Do they call or mail u if u get the reserve ? Anyone with previous experience ?
Fort st interviews are on this week. They hope their applicants make a decision quickly whether they will attend next year or not. When someone "fails" the interview or changes their mind about the school, there will be another person called for an interview. All the applicants were ranked, the top 24 get an interview, so if anyone within the 24 due to some reason doesnt attend the school next year, they go down the list to the 25th, 26th, etc. However, all the other "rejection" letters are mailed out around these coming school holidays.

Rainbowlollipop

HSC
N/A
I moved schools three times and i greatly prefer single gender schools over co-ed. Various reasons. Please explain how co-ed is somewhat better lol.
lel I go to a co-ed school, I find it quite good. I find it weird to go to a fully girls/boys school and the real world is made up of girls and boys.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I too prefer single gender schools mainly due to less distraction

t0fu

HSC
lel I go to a co-ed school, I find it quite good. I find it weird to go to a fully girls/boys school and the real world is made up of girls and boys.
Too much drama though. The schools i went to were basically a flock of drama queens who treated school as tea parties.

Rainbowlollipop

HSC
N/A
Too much drama though. The schools i went to were basically a flock of drama queens who treated school as tea parties.
LOL wow 3 times is a lot. Sooo u moved to 3 partial selectives? partial selective--> partial selective---> partial selective?

Rainbowlollipop

HSC
N/A
Fort st interviews are on this week. They hope their applicants make a decision quickly whether they will attend next year or not. When someone "fails" the interview or changes their mind about the school, there will be another person called for an interview. All the applicants were ranked, the top 24 get an interview, so if anyone within the 24 due to some reason doesnt attend the school next year, they go down the list to the 25th, 26th, etc. However, all the other "rejection" letters are mailed out around these coming school holidays.
WOW soo fully informed 8) thanx :D

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Idk.. hahaa its prob cuz i have been going to a co-ed school since year 7 :p and like primary school is co-ed as well... So I don't think I would be used to it.
Haha. No one is ever used to change. Myself included.

t0fu

HSC
LOL wow 3 times is a lot. Sooo u moved to 3 partial selectives? partial selective--> partial selective---> partial selective?
Um...I moved from:
Partially selective co-ed -> Public co-ed -> Public girls school -> probably going to move again this year...
because the partial selective school I went to was so bad I just gave up after a few years lol.

Rainbowlollipop

HSC
N/A
Um...I moved from:
Partially selective co-ed -> Public co-ed -> Public girls school -> probably going to move again this year...
because the partial selective school I went to was so bad I just gave up after a few years lol.
Wow hows ur current school then? was the partially selective better or the public co-ed better?

t0fu

HSC
Wow hows ur current school then? was the partially selective better or the public co-ed better?
My current school is public and is also ranked higher than the partially selective school LOL. The partially selective was better compared to the local co ed school. But if i had to pick, my current school still has to be the best haha

Rainbowlollipop

HSC
N/A
My current school is public and is also ranked higher than the partially selective school LOL. The partially selective was better compared to the local co ed school. But if i had to pick, my current school still has to be the best haha
LOL why would u move from partially selective to coed ? :eek: wow 4 years = 3 schools . Such a tough life... I have only been to one school, and it's coed. Hmmm... Don't worry coed schools really aren't that bad :) good luck in fort street :)

Last edited:

myinnermonkey

Time Lord Companion
HSC
LOL why would u move from partially selective to coed ? :eek: wow 4 years = 3 schools . Such a tough life... I have only been to one school, and it's coed. Hmmm... Don't worry coed schools really aren't that bad :) good luck in fort street :)
Maybe the school was crap. Just because it's a partial selective, doesn't mean it's any good. :)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hehe the only thing different with selective schools is the level of internal competition,

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
^ The higher ranked the high school, the more students feel the need to be better ranked than others. This is where tutoring comes in. Then as certain individuals becomes smarter, everyone feels the need to rise as well.
It's basically a vicious cycle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)