How many case studies needed? (1 Viewer)

zandapanda2010

HSC
I know its a bit late to be asking but do we need a case study for every topic - employment relations, managements and change or just 1 that covers like 1 topic...im not sure what to do about this, so far i hav imax and qantas

oisac

HSC
l am just coming in with general knowledge about apple. 80percent if your response is your knowledge on the business course, then add just a little extra of the case study at the end.

tahnz4

HSC
It's safe to say that you will need a broad knowledge of most topics. I have done Qantas as a case study and have memorised parts of all areas. With Qantas and employment relations you could talk about the recent industrial conflict that would impress the markers if you are so informed of recent news perhaps

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
It's safe to say that you will need a broad knowledge of most topics. I have done Qantas as a case study and have memorised parts of all areas. With Qantas and employment relations you could talk about the recent industrial conflict that would impress the markers if you are so informed of recent news perhaps
Yes this!! This has been on the news everywhere so it would be good to mention.

Plus mention how the ceo got a 5million dollar pay rise o_O.. kind off weird lol..

hup

HSC
N/A
you should have 2 or 3 per topic because all questions wont work for a single business

for the actual question you should do 2 case studies per response

3 is eh but more would make it seem all over the place
one might make it seem you're just writing about the business

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
you should have 2 or 3 per topic because all questions wont work for a single business

for the actual question you should do 2 case studies per response

3 is eh but more would make it seem all over the place
one might make it seem you're just writing about the business
i'd say have 2 primary ones. Qantas, CCA, Billabong are fabulous examples.

Your secondary case studies here and there on small points could be things you know or see everyday in the business world. Eg. when you go shopping what do you see. Woolies for examples -> green bags -> ecological sustainability. Commonwealth bank -> Multiple signs in different languages, cultural diversity.

You don't necessarily need to know case studies off by heart, real life examples just work as fine!

TomTom123

HSC
Make up the case studies

By making it up I mean paraphrasing/ making it up. It will work e.g. Nike is known for using sweat shops. Qantas you could talk about the ER issues going now. Make it up I have prepared 0 and I am still confident

MadGold777

HSC
Im So NOT confident about this section.

I HAVE NO IDEA... How to incorporate the case study while still talking about the topic and what not!

Doesn anyone have an example they could post up to show me how it's suppose to all tie in?

TomTom123

HSC
It is the easiest part of the business exam just slot it in make it up for example. Ill use the Nike one. If the question is talkin about ethicals in globalisation you could talk about variations in labour laws from here you can mention how Nike used child labour and as a result inherted a negative reputation for it and had an adverse affect on sales as well as public relations.

MAKE IT UP

another example could be . Qantas employees not happy with current working conditions thus it has transpired into all sorts of overt action such as strikes and stop work just seen recently.

JB HI FI adopts a customer orientation to satify consumer needs. JB does this by offering consumers a vast sale mix and complex after sales customer services.

Relatiosnhip marketing e.g. Gloria jeans implementing the scratch coffee hard scheme

Make it up to suit the question. You are just basically paraphasing

If your worried about how to blend it in.
Just state what you've said and use such as alternatively, similarly, for instance, an example of this is...

good luck

MadGold777

HSC
So you pretty much do what you do in the section before (section III) but add relevant case studies example wherever you can?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I made up my case study on Apple (it worked) but you should know a bit about every part and provide it as an example where needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)