How many days at uni per week? (1 Viewer)

LolaBell

HSC
How many days on average do students have uni? (And hours in a day)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
For science with electives I managed 4 days for this upcoming semester and same for the next. But it varies on what you study and when the classes are offered. :S

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Depends on degree etc.

For arts students, 12 hours a week is pretty standard, so depending on when their classes are offered, they can end up with a 2/3 day week.

For science students, if you're doing labs, you can have anywhere between 20-35 hours a week, which would generally be 4/5 days and fairly long ones.

deswa1

HSC
Depends on your course and subject. I'm going to be doing commerce/law which has 14 contact hours a week so I should be able to fit that in three days :) Things like med or engineering have a lot more hours

HSC
Uni Grad
At UNSW, it is possible (and I have seen) to do all commerce/law subs within 2 days. But most likely, you will get 3-4 days

Magical Kebab

HSC
So on average a first year law student would have around 14 hrs of uni a week?

Is that for all years or only first?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
At UNSW, it is possible (and I have seen) to do all commerce/law subs within 2 days. But most likely, you will get 3-4 days
Yeah, if you skip some lectures, you can end up with a one day week for some degrees.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
So on average a first year law student would have around 14 hrs of uni a week?

Is that for all years or only first?
For most years. But then you have a LOT of readings to do, so you can expect to spend 5-20 hours doing readings for your subjects.

Magical Kebab

HSC
For most years. But then you have a LOT of readings to do, so you can expect to spend 5-20 hours doing readings for your subjects.
Just plain reading? And is that 5-20 hours per week?

That's quite a lot. But I guess going to uni 3 days a week can suffice for that.

LolaBell

HSC
What about a science degree? (not combined with anything)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Depends on the university and what time the classes are offered as said before. Not if you plan your timetable carefully so I suggest for each uni you placed as a preference - create a draft timetable so you're ready to choose your classes/availability.

No, we don't finish that late. My earliest start last year was 9.00 and finished at 4-5. Had days off as well. :)

kenkap

HSC
how many days for actuarial studies/economics combined???

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
How do you do this?
For USyd? Sorry, because you're not a student you cannot view most of the class times/availability (most Art units would have it on their site). I asked if you wanted a sample timetable on another thread by asking what UoS you planned to undertake. :)

HKspec009

HSC
I asked if you wanted a sample timetable on another thread by asking what UoS you planned to undertake. :)
Lol, i just didn't know which uos to pick, there are heaps and have no idea where to start. Can you just please make a very basic one, if it helps-> (I favour biology the most, i also like chemistry, do not like maths and will choose pyschology over physics)
So maybe a timetable that might suit that^

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Lol, i just didn't know which uos to pick, there are heaps and have no idea where to start. Can you just please make a very basic one, if it helps-> (I favour biology the most, i also like chemistry, do not like maths and will choose pyschology over physics)
So maybe a timetable that might suit that^
I will make one for you... and post it on the other thread. :)

EDIT: Tomorrow...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)