how many days? (1 Viewer)

Emily90

HSC
can i miss off school next year in yr 12 to stil get a HSC?
sum teachers have told me 5 but i think there bulshiiting

sayrah64

HSC
it's more than 5 days. I think you just have to keep your attendance level above 85%

MeOverYou

Banned
HSC
Emily90 said:
Your teachers are right. If I was you, i'd take no days off, becuase you need it, judging from your posts on here.

loverboy

HSC
u take alot i know alot of people tht take heaps of days off in year 12 but u need a docs certificate

MeOverYou

Banned
HSC
loverboy said:
u take alot i know alot of people tht take heaps of days off in year 12 but u need a docs certificate
Because if I'm away from school say, for a debate, I can get a Doctor's Certificate. Idiot.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
A fair few. There's people who have attendance waaay below and the school doesn't do anything about it, but you should try to be there as much as possible. Technically I think attendance needs to be above 85%

You take too much time off, people will start to resent you for it or you'll get running jokes about it. Especially when it also results in you not getting groupwork assignments done.

HSC
yeahh.. but dont over do it. ive heard of people who cannot be away any more days and must be recorded for every period they are at school (ie. sign a logbook when they go to library for frees) otherwise they wont get an hsc.

i reckon its nothing more than an empty threat. but if you have the balls to bet your hsc on one more day off school.. go for it.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
the-1-n-only-me said:
yeahh.. but dont over do it. ive heard of people who cannot be away any more days and must be recorded for every period they are at school (ie. sign a logbook when they go to library for frees) otherwise they wont get an hsc.

i reckon its nothing more than an empty threat. but if you have the balls to bet your hsc on one more day off school.. go for it.
We have a sign in book for frees, etc, but nothing happens if you don't sign unless it's the first period you have that day, in which case you're marked absent (even if you went to roll call)

sayrah64

HSC
the-1-n-only-me said:

there are people like that at my school too. actually there is atleast one person who is now ineligible for their HSC because they had too much time off.
She only just found that out about 2 weeks ago too.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
Emily90 said:
lol if taht were true...i would have failed the HSC 5 times

its bullshit no way 5days

Emily90

HSC
ive got a freind in yr 12 who has given up on school but he said he still wans to qualify for a hsc but hes been at skool like 5 days from the last 30 days and no teachers have said anything to him.

MeOverYou

Banned
HSC
Emily90 said:
ive got a freind in yr 12 who has given up on school but he said he still wans to qualify for a hsc but hes been at skool like 5 days from the last 30 days and no teachers have said anything to him.
Well obviously that would tell you something.

beentherdunthat

HSC
I missed >30 days this year.

LOL.

And I'd jigg 99% of my classes.

Hell yeah.

:D

beentherdunthat

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Sure you did ;)
:(

Okay okay it was a hyprbollic expression.

But I did miss > 30 days. LoL. According to my maths teachers calculations, I'm at school once every 10 days. (Okay, that's kind of a bit of the jigging part as well you see, Maths was in the morning and I wouldn't go to class, so I didn't really 'sign in' :D)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
:(

Okay okay it was a hyprbollic expression.

But I did miss > 30 days. LoL. According to my maths teachers calculations, I'm at school once every 10 days. (Okay, that's kind of a bit of the jigging part as well you see, Maths was in the morning and I wouldn't go to class, so I didn't really 'sign in' :D)
I wouldn't be able to stand a morning maths class :p

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i've been absent around a fourth of the whole year.

so it's def. more than 5 days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)