How many hours study do you do per night? (1 Viewer)

deepalurie

HSC
I'm aiming for a high mark and I've heard people getting 99.5+ do on average 6hrs per night. So I was just wondering what everyone actually does.
How many hours do you do on weeknights and weekends?

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Depending on the time of the yr. From august (2 months before HSC) I exhausted every waking hour of everyday. Prior to that typically three hours a day. Maybe an hour more during weekend. More hours when there is assignment, but if there is assignment i don't study.

In yr 11 i didn't study much.

K

khorne

Quality over quantity...Don't look at studying as a "per hours a night" thing, but more of a "topics to get done" thing.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm aiming for 99.5+, and my estimates were about there, and I've never ever done 6 hours a night on a school night. Ever.

You're a Rusian, though, so my standards are very different to yours. Just so you know, one of my friends who goes to your school is Top 5 in 4U/3U Maths, Top 20 in Phys and Chem, and like 60th in English, and her estimate is 99.7. So you're in good shape, just by going to Ruse, and putting in the effort.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
6 hours per night is insane. I do like 2 hours per night and I'm 99+. So don't worry. Just get all your work done every night.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Depends on how many subjects one does, too.
E.g. I only do 10 units and for me, maths ext1~no workload, ext2~almost no workload except regular attempt at pastpapers (once a week or fortnight)
Thus I don't need to study that much.

Lukybear

HSC
Sometimes I would do about 6 hours a night. But in reality, half of that time is spent on this site or youtube etc...

Hey study-freak, how come you dont have much workload for ext1?? just wondering?

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Sometimes I would do about 6 hours a night. But in reality, half of that time is spent on this site or youtube etc...

Hey study-freak, how come you dont have much workload for ext1?? just wondering?
Well, it's just because I'm not concerned about ext1. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I basically remember all theory and necessary formula off by heart and I just need to get back into the 'maths mood' before exams.
So I really don't need much work on it (if any).

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
Well, it's just because I'm not concerned about ext1. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I basically remember all theory and necessary formula off by heart and I just need to get back into the 'maths mood' before exams.
So I really don't need much work on it (if any).
So much for study-freak, lols.

deepalurie

HSC
thanks everyone for your help!! slightly relieved i dont have to aim for 6hrs a night =)

Finx

HSC
3 hours weekdays
7 hours weekend days

q3thefish

HSC
Well.. it ranges from..

not enough - enough.

Hope it helps :]

jamersonx

HSC
I've never done more than an hour or two on weekdays. Although, I don't really consider some of my subjects (ie drama and art) subjects that require copious amounts of notes/study.

It all depends really..

absorber

HSC
It's a feat to even have the time to study that much every night. atm I aim for 4 hours on weeknights, generally get done 2 or 3

MrDimple

HSC
hours dont matter, its about the effort you put and the satisfaction you take out of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)