How many of you think employers are bias towards males. (1 Viewer)

olchik

HSC
Liberal Scum said:
Hot bar chicks = more drinks bought = profit. What an idiot bar owner.
I didn't understand that either! Maybe they were afraid that girls would cause a lot of trouble:)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Your problem is that you go into fast food jobs thinking they give a shit about your grades. Just tell them you're a hard worker, show them a little evidence of this, and tell them you just want the job and won't cause much trouble.

Instant Grill-Masta.

HSC
rhapsody11 said:
I think they do. Put it this way:

Whether we're more intelligent than females; we're physically stronger.

There is no non-domestic job that a male or a gay guy can't do.
My god, you are full of it.
Cause, you know, a fast food position requires feats of physical strength females can't handle :rolleyes:

Going by your logic, guys are more arrogant too, why would you hire someone who is going to pick fights and intimidate customers?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
My god, you are full of it.
Cause, you know, a fast food position requires feats of physical strength females can't handle
It may be some sort of bias, but I do find that most males have less of a problem with doing more physical / dirty / routine work than females do.

blackchild

bias

guyz u gotta understand that working at places like kfg and maccas are only meant for the ladies....i.e. women only cook! forget bout the damn thang and find a man jobs....beside ladies are just wooses

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It may be some sort of bias, but I do find that most males have less of a problem with doing more physical / dirty / routine work than females do.
But in this specific case, the subject seems to be more of an academic type.
Discrimination against geeks, maybe?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Liberal Scum said:
Hot bar chicks = more drinks bought = profit. What an idiot bar owner.
I'm inclined to think maybe they need a guy or two in case a rowdy customer tries to hit on the bar girl and starts causing trouble?

pete_mate

HSC
the counter/ service positions are all likely to be biased

go find a man job, cleaning and cooking isnt one of them.

do accounting, or work at bunnings warehouse or something.
manual labour etc.

we are more higly paid in the long run, young girls look pretty tho for the moment.

fnkychk

HSC
N/A

manual labour etc.

we are more higly paid in the long run, young girls look pretty tho for the moment.
You sound like an asshole.
Is that Conan O'Brien?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah its true, being a young male makes it very difficult to geta job in retailwhen compared to your female peers...Everyone knows this and i suggest you play on these stereotypes
try and get a physical job where u arent sociallising with the customers as much e.g instead of tryin to be on registers or a waiter, try and be the shelf packer or the cook.
like me, i applied to all those places aswell, but eve n though i was young and an adult female at the time would have been stronger than me, they hired me because it was a physical job... sure they hire a few girls but i have the feeling its more of a token gesture... behind a counter = mostly women... running the store and keeping the shelves filled and the trucks unloaded = mostly male so it probably works out that the store hires rouhgly equal numbers of male:female

or you could go for the inverse, the coveted token male position on the checkouts.. there is usually atleast 1 male on at any one time... gl in getting it though

arooshika...

HSC
supre give jobs to males

anyways i did an interview at rivers quite far from my place seeing that i cant drive (im lazy) anyways i think i was flirting with the manager and i called him after a week to see if i got the job, he said 'the area managers look at your resume and if they dont like it then im sorry, cause i really liked your interview and stuff but it also comes to the area managers and if they think your resume is good or not. try after a month again cause i would love you in the shop. but if you are very desperate, why dont you try getting a job in other stores here because i dont think hornsby or towers have any vacancies now'

i was laughing after that

- L1n -

HSC
Seriously it's so easy for hot girls to get a job, it's obviously isn't it? i eman if u wear short skirt and a tank top, ur almost in lol, deadset serious, and it's very understandable, SEX SALES. But when it comes to high paying jobs thats a different story. So i guess it's ok.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
pete_mate said:

manual labour etc.

Thats pretty much true.

I work at a Supermarket. I stack shelves etc. (i.e. Manual Labor) and everyone in my area is male.

However, the people working the registers is a different story. Probably 80% of the people elmployed in the front end are female.

It all depends on the type of work...

Scantily_fox6

HSC
It definitely depends on the job. Checkout chicks are mostly girls :S.
I think it probably evens out. But it is depending of the employer.

kartman

HSC
yeah cuase they feel that us guys are only brawn and no brain so we should stack shelves all the time

Darkening

HSC
I AGREE!!!!! the ice cream place near where i work gets tuns of guys bcuz the girls wear short shorts and are extremly hot!!!!

Where i work there are 2 guys and 10 girls, its a fast food place XQusito ... but the manager is a girl so yeh.......... buh yeh on my break i do tend to look towards the icecream place :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)