How many Stryznecki poems, texts and related material to know in detail? (1 Viewer)

Bubble_Toes

HSC
hi i'm sure this has been asked before... but i can't be bothered searching...

how many Stryznecki poems, BOS texts and related material do we have to know in great detail... i know we have to know pretty much all of them but how many do i need to do extra stuff on?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
mitsui said:
4 poems
3 stimi
3 related
That's the maximum, if you wanna be fully prepared. The minimum would be:
2 poems or 1 prescribed text
1 stimi
1 related
For the related texts, I would recommend 2, because you won't have time to be doing 3 related texts in paper 1 and 2 impresses the marker.

P

pLuvia

Recommendation from my teacher. Nearing the HSC, you should have known in great detail:

Prescribed text (poems): 2-4
Stimulus booklet: 1-2
Related text: about 6

But in the HSC, you really only have to write about 2 - 3 prescribed poems, 1 stimulus and 1 - 2 related

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
pLuvia said:
Recommendation from my teacher. Nearing the HSC, you should have known in great detail:

Prescribed text (poems): 2-4
Stimulus booklet: 1-2
Related text: about 6

But in the HSC, you really only have to write about 2 - 3 prescribed poems, 1 stimulus and 1 - 2 related
6?! where did u get that idea from andy?! :mad1:

P

pLuvia

I told you "recommendation from my teacher" She said to research about 6 related texts. :p I'll probably only look at 3 or 2

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
oh rite. -_____-" phew
i dont think i have read 6 novels in my high school life yet. XD

P

pLuvia

You don't have to do novels for related texts, you can to poems, movies anything

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
A lot of people seem to think that you have to do a novel as one of your related texts however you don't have to if you want to. Use different text types be it newspaper articles, films or documentaries, magazine or book covers, songs, short stories, visuals etc.

Your first reaction would be to choose a novel but you can get the same meaning, techniques and connections while still having a quality text that takes a lot less time to completely review.

A l

HSC
N/A
I would recommend an average of:
- 3-4 poems
- 2-3 stimulus texts
- 2-3 related texts of your own choosing
In the past the Paper 1 Section III exam response has typically asked for the prescribed text (typically at least TWO poems), ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet, Journeys (this means you cannot write about more than one), and at least ONE other related text of your own choosing. (this means you are allowed to write about more than one if you choose to)

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
For AOS: (take it from experience)

2 Skrzynecki poems in detail, 1 in passing (most probably to make a nice link with an ORM or Stimulus)

1-2 ORM (depending on time constraints in exam -eg, you finish the creative in 20 mins)

1 stimulus booklet text.

and be sure to INTEGRATE THEM!

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
2 of each if u can gointo detail.... 3 of each i think because u have to link em all !!v

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)