How many Yr12 art students in your school (1 Viewer)

DC10

and how are they coping?

Well i'll get the ball roling first :D
I have finished my 3rd drawing, but 2 of them are done during the holidays. Some of the guys in my class still haven't started. Only a few has done more than 2 pieces of work

Cheers,:)

niks88

hey, we have 4 people in our yr 12 art class, all girls.
we did have 6 but 2 dropped out. but these small numbers are partly due to our small year, only 45...
we've all started our major works and all know our themes n shit.
how much theory compared to practical do u do each week, just out of curiousity?

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
we have 13 in our art class... more boys than girls (which i find interesting but thats me)

all of us are well on our way except one.. but he's getting there (with a lot of coaxing)lol

we have 3 x 80 minute classes per week and one of these is dedicated to theory... although in the last few weeks it has slipped by the wayside and i think ive been spending close to every waking hour in the art room!!! lol

time to freak out!! nah we'll get there as long as we can have overnighters there!! lol

princess
xox

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
last year, my art class had 10 people. 2 or 3 took art becuase they thought it'd be a bludgy subject with easy marks (!!!) and didn't work till like a month out from the due date. everyone else was pretty serious about it, but i think everyone changed their mind at least once. we all got started at different times... i tended to work in bursts... i got (the start of) my final idea about a month after the christmas break, but worked on peices pretty slowly. i was getting in to it pretty well this time last year, but still had stacks of work to do... i was working pretty well flat out on my peices + diary until about 3 days before it was due in.

about 50/50 theory/prac classes, i think, perhaps a little bit more prac.

Adam's Princess

We had 25 students at the start of year 11 now we have 5 manily because our teacher is a hoe and changes everyones ideas and makes them her own, plus last year 3 peoples works got accepted into art express from our school so the pressure is on we are aiming for all 5 of us to get in..

DC10

o yeah i forgot to add too :D how can i not answer my own question? :D :chainsaw:

there are 2 classes of VA students from my year (12) - around 30 people i think, which is quite a lot, only 3 or 4 people dropped art from yr11...

Cheers,:)

foxy

i was made for lovin u...
3 girls and 1 boy in my art class...

lets just say, im slowly gettin there....another girl hasnt produced anything in classtime (brings completed drawings in from home) and the other one is just bludging her way, not panicking

and the boy..HAHA he hasnt even ordered his canvas!

theory is supposed to be 50/50 but its somehow become something like 70/30 and the teacher blames us for not doing any practical! HELLO!

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
it seems to be the done thing with art teachers.. half the time shes not even in the room walking around..... shes out in her office drinking coffee and surfing the net..

she has even cancelled our class a few times to pick things up... like personal business....

ggrrrrr

but we're all getting there
shes a hag but its only a few more weeks right??

tash

lalalala
HSC
we have 16 in our class. had to hand in our bow today so a lot of people stayed up very late finishing that and their vapds! luckily i'd basically finished mine in the hols so it wasn't 2 bad...

we have 9 lessons per cycle (2 weeks) and 4 of them are theory so it's pretty evenly split but from now on we're gonna have all theory since we have no prac to do, erg don't think i'll b able 2 stand that.it'd be ok but the teacher's so boring and vague

Uggy

has anyone else noticed that a lot of people from the same schools get in to art express every year? and a lot that ive seen probably didnt really deserve to be there, im sure they worked hard and everything, but i think it seems kind of unfair, the amount of people from the same schools getting in..... hopefully someone from my class this year will get in, for the first time in my schools history. too bad it wont be me hehe.

i have 15 people in my class, im finished my bow i had to have it framed and everything due last thursday. most of us are very close to finishing. theres one girl, who has hardly started.... but honestly theres not much hope for her work anyways.

do any of your schools put on a group exhibition? like not a major works night, but hire a local art gallery for a week or 2? i think we we're going to look into that at casula powerhouse, but its shut down for 18months for renevations now :(! sooooo we need a venue (a cheap one!)

DC10

looks like not many people from my school are getting theirs framed, we are just going to use thick foam cardboards to 'mount' ours :) they still look good and is not 'cheapy' in the looks LOL

Smarty_pants!

We have 44 ppl do HSC VA at my school. And i'm coming 3rd! so stoked!
i have done about 16 smallish sculptures, maybe more...can't remember....but some people have done basically nothing at all. Getting close to fishing now...have to do my documented works now...and i'm done!

trinity

yeh we have about 40 people aswell, with 20 people in my class.
our exhibition is in a few weeks and there's sooooo much to do still!

Smarty_pants!

We have en exhibition after they are marked....when all the send away ones come back....that way we don't ahve to stress about an exhibition as well as getting the works done for marking!

niks88

sounds like ur all on ur way....
its kinda freakin me out coz we've only got a month till we have to hand our bow in, and i dont think ill be finished...
lol, sounds like our art teachers have lots in common, ours is a lil' crazy, but hes really really nice, easy to get along with, and easy to tell off when he's trying to manipulate ur artwork too much! theory/practical side of things is good coz he makes it clear that they are just as important, whereas another highskool here barely has 1 theory lesson a week! also, as study, our teacher gives us past answers from art papers and we were reading some in class the other day and not to b mean but we were seriously pissin' ourselves at what was supposedly a band 5/6 answer, we couldnt believe that this person had got such good marks for such a shitty answer! all they did was repeat themselves and make no sense, it was that question about asissi design company or something, last years paper i think....it was hilarious.....mmm another question, whats everyones class averaging at this stage? thanks

fest

i think we have 19 in our class.. it's strange seeing everyones BOW coming together now.. i wouldn't have a clue what half our class is doing.
starting to freak out that about not having done enough and thinking of changing half my idea.. i've got 9 lino prints and i was going to collage into them, but i doln't think i've got enough time.. i might just find some object and hope that gives it enough.. ness.. i know that i've done enough to go ok. but i don't think i've done enough to do really well.. and art is suppose to be my good subject... meh.

tash

lalalala
HSC
Originally posted by niks88
also, as study, our teacher gives us past answers from art papers and we were reading some in class the other day and not to b mean but we were seriously pissin' ourselves at what was supposedly a band 5/6 answer, we couldnt believe that this person had got such good marks for such a shitty answer! all they did was repeat themselves and make no sense, it was that question about asissi design company or something, last years paper i think....it was hilarious.....
i think we read the same thing! and we were like 'this is a crappy answer why the hell did they get a good mark for it' and totally debating with the teacher who was madly trying to find a reason for it's mark. lol

i think from our first 3 assessments our class assessment average was 81% which is pretty good i suppose

HCTD

im the only one

Hi
Well im the only HSC art student in my year at my school and i was going fine with my body of work but im starting to stress about it a bit now seing as there is only 3 weeks left until submission date and i still have so much to do
:rolleyes:

Leanne

HSC
we have a big school so we've got 2 whole classes..think there is sumthing like 20 student in each...women dominate.. but theres quite a few males aswell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)